England in New Zealand

In all fairness to Jones, he only bowled in 3 First Class matches last season. Maybe he'll return maybe not, but its unfair to judge him on his stats for last season, he was hardly 100%

I was basing it on more than last seasons stats for him. This season will be a better indicator for him. However, we all know what injuries can do for someone. It would be great to see him back and fit, but he'll have to earn that right.

Well Panesar has Surprised me...6 Wickets so far for him..At the End of the Tour He has learned how to bowl in NZ!!!
Well England Just one wicket away from Series win..Hope they will get it fast so I can Sleep...

Aahh. Anderson is so bad he can't even bowl out Chris Martin the "worst batsman ever to play test cricket". Now I've got to stay up for an hour longer. Cheers Jimmy!

Lol..Southee is not only good bowler but He is the Superb slog hitter..lol..
Well Boss Jimmy you can never predict..If he Bowls well then He can get out any one but If not then Even I can hit him sixes..
Damn Lunch..I have to weak up more one hour...

When does Lunch finish? I'm getting tired...

Anderson is TERRIBLE! How long until he realises bowlin short won't work?! As I type he has been hit for 6 then 4. Bring back Harmison!

Last edited:
What a fantastic finish. Well done Tim Southee and James Anderson is a total muppet.
Feel a bit sorry for Monty's figures though...

What terrific batting by Southee in his debut test match, its this kids mental attitude that makes him such a great player not just his natural ability. He seems to overcome any nerves and take the challenge head on. I hope he becomes a great player for New Zealand for many years to come.

Was hoping to see the presentation but instead got treated to Gower, Lloyd and Botham desperately filling and repeating themselves with the presentation happening, uncovered, in the background.
Apparently Sky NZ don't cover the post-match presentations and Sky UK don't "have the facility to do so". Pretty amazing that they can't get a microphone and stick it in the middle as every other broadcaster in the world seems to manage it. Pretty farcical way to end the match coverage. Couldn't even catch it on TMS as they had gone off air by then.
Anyway well done England on the series win; will have to play better to win the return series and much better to come close to beating South Africa.

Southee's highest score in tests are 75*not out off 45 balls (thereabouts) and this is when he had to bat to save a game for Northern Districts against Wellington in Wellington.

The wicket was dodgy that day, but a spectator (posted on another forum) claimed that it was the cleanest hitting he's ever seen, and was flabbergasted when he found out he's only 19. So there you go.
:p

Super little innings from Southee there, helped by some poor bowling from Jimmy, but Monty was getting wickets and he dealt with him comfortably. Perhaps the referred to comparison to Chris Cairns might not be so wrong.

Good series victory and although I try not to get too carried away after winning one series, the foundations are there to build a side for the ashes.

Ha ha! Southee! What a star! Some absolutely awesome hitting there. But those sixes would never be sixes at the MCG.

Too bad that Chris Martin is such a crap bat. :p

I was thinking for a moment that Southee might get the fastest century ever.

Here's a stat for you. Southee has played one test. Chris Martin has played 40.

Southee's Runs - 82

Martin's Runs - 74

yea Southee what a gun...good to see Monty in on the action

Looking forward to the next series but can only see it going the same way

Users who are viewing this thread