England in New Zealand

I'm really getting sick of Bracewell. He's not moving the blackcaps forward. And his record with them over the last few years has been crap. Not to mention disputes with players (such as Andre Adams). If we don't get rid of him soon it could turn into the Glenn Turner disaster of the mid 90s. We'd be much better in the hands of someone like John Wright.

what do you New Zealanders think of STEVE RIXON:happy

He was a freaking hero.

New Zealand side named:

Twenty20 squad:

Daniel Vettori (capt), Brendon McCullum, Jesse Ryder, Jamie How, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Jacob Oram, Peter Fulton, Kyle Mills, Paul Hitchcock, Chris Martin, Tim Southee.

ODI squad:

Daniel Vettori (capt), Brendon McCullum, Jesse Ryder, Jamie How, Ross Taylor, Scott Styris, Peter Fulton, Jacob Oram, Kyle Mills, Paul Hitchcock, Chris Martin, Michael Mason, Jeetan Patel.

Notables:
Jesse Ryder (23) (He's the next generation Astle (222 against Eng), devastating batsman with medium pace bowl)

Tim Southee (19) - a prodigy quick, a matter of time before he's a regular in the side. Plays for Nothern Districts! :happy

Sinclair dropped and Vincent 'dropped'.

Interesting squad, and I like it. Bracewell must have attended some domestic for once. I like the idea of bringing Hitchcock into the squad. And Southee is great to see in there as we need to build up some decent young fast bowlers. Jess Ryder had a fantastic knock against Auckland the other day as well. Some good decisions I reckon. I'd like to see Vincent in the test squad. I can't wait to see how this squad performs.

who rixon was a hero !!!!!

he's a good guy as well and is my school head coach

tuesday first 20/20 !!!
England should win i hope

Great squads. I especially like Hitchcock being in the side, because he's a genuine all-rounder.

Southee should be in both Squads. He's such a great talent. I think he's very similar to McGrath.

I'm not sure Ryder deserved selection over Vincent. I have a problem with Ryder, not because he lacks talent, because he doesn't, but I believe firstly he is a lot like Ross Taylor in the strokes and style he plays. Secondly, I believe he still has attitude problems and thirdly, I don't believe he's batted well enough of late to deserve it. He scored well in the twenty/20, but they're pretty hit and miss. Vincent scored more runs in a more impressive fashion in my opinion. Ryder seems kind of one dimensional, he scores heavily through the leg side.

But anyway, I do agree with his selection for the Twenty/20's, just not sure about the ODI's. Two guys miss out in that department anyhow.

Hitchcock is the next best thing to Adams. I wonder if he'll open. I'd much rather see Hitchcock learn the closing role. Jamie How and McCullum with Taylor at 3 in ODI's should be how it is and NOT changed. I support Ryder or Hitchcock opening with McCullum in the Twenty/20's, but How has done an amazing job as ODI opener. If he got dumped i'd be spewing.

Last edited:
Jesse to open according to Hadlee (selector). Everyone else will be demoted down one place aside from McCullum who will open with Jesse.

Expect fireworks in the opening overs if they are not out in the first over.

Oh and expect a few runouts too since Jesse is fat and McCullum is lightning between wickets.

Here's what I think of batting lineup if Jesse opens:

McCullum
Ryder
How (Hadlee did say he's batting at 3)
Fulton
Taylor
Styris
Oram
Vettori
Mills
+bowlers.

This series is so ho-hum at the moment. Two days before the 20 20 and I have read NOTHING about the English team in New Zealand. Zero buildup.

New Zealand media should be ashamed of themselves. Don't expect bumper crowds if you don't build the series up like the Aussie India.

Should be a great series, i have already got my tickets for England Vs New Zealand in the Twenty20 at OT in June. Can't wait!

Just looking at GMT times for this tour, not interested in the T20s too much. ODIs look impossible (4 D/N games) starting at 1AM. Probably finish around 9AM so will see some of it. The tests start at 9:30PM GMT so I'll see at least the 1st session of the tests.

We have any all nighters? (from England obviously)

The 20 over games are at the perfect time for me. 6.00am starts, the same time I get up for school every day. The Tests are a bit annoying. The ODIs should be ok.

Will stay up all night at weekends and during school holidays. This team isn't worth the effort the rest of the time.

Jeetan Patel joins the Twenty/20 squad as cover for Vettori who injured his right ankle in the last domestic match.

Still not known if Vettori will be okay to play.

Users who are viewing this thread