England in the 90s

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Tell you what I'm noticing more as I play through. We didn't half love to hamstring ourselves with selection. You can either never attack because you only bat down to 5 or you have a bowling attack which is a powerful as a fart in a hurricane. The side is never balanced. Ever.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Decided to have a bash at England 90 vs india 90 .Lost toss put into bat Navjot Sidhu opened the bowling!! was actually harder to score off than the quicks.He took two quick wickets.Also the session ended after 13 overs very weird .Still Smith and Lamb have steadied the boat and we were around 150-3 when the need to sleep stopped play.

There must be an issue with the lineup set if Sidhu opened the bowling. Going off after 13 overs usually means rain delayed start.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Everyone loves the 90s. Look at @blockerdave setting trends!

I'm sure the audience on this site is a very small and atypical (and insane) part of the game's total audience, but it's clear that the decision to continually water down the retro stuff (less hair and especially no balding pate or really serviceable mullet, less kit, less individual kit customisation) is a poor one. Retro is where the real longevity is.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I'm sure the audience on this site is a very small and atypical (and insane) part of the game's total audience, but it's clear that the decision to continually water down the retro stuff (less hair and especially no balding pate or really serviceable mullet, less kit, less individual kit customisation) is a poor one. Retro is where the real longevity is.

Aye all the retro kit from DB14 and DB17 is a big miss

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I can understand favouring modern kit over retro stuff - particularly when there's a lot more graphical content with licensed things in the game - if there's just not time to add it. But there's some great hairstyles in the game on licensed players and yet in the academy there's some stinkers. I've have mentioned this every few months and then promise to not bring it up again.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I can understand favouring modern kit over retro stuff - particularly when there's a lot more graphical content with licensed things in the game - if there's just not time to add it. But there's some great hairstyles in the game on licensed players and yet in the academy there's some stinkers. I've have mentioned this every few months and then promise to not bring it up again.

I could take the kit model limitation if the hair and kit customisation was better.

the hair choices in c19 are awful and make a mockery of the academy - you can’t make people who look right if the hair is wrong

Users who are viewing this thread