Story England in the 1980s

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
The thing that is killing the immersion for me in my 1st class competition thread are bowling changes, bowling decisions and most of all the tweaking pitch resetting every time I save out. I like to do a session at a time coz as you know that's about an hour of your life gone and it's pretty game breaking to get a pitch that's going to be a minefield on Days 3/4 and never ever see it materialise because it always resets to Day 1, Session 1 pitch.

Then added to that is the field-setting match awareness. I racked up 568 in the first innings of the most recent game I played and only once or twice did I see any sweepers of proper defensive fields. I've tried altering the AI difficulty (pro seems best when they are batting) but it doesn't appear to make any difference to the logic.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The thing that is killing the immersion for me in my 1st class competition thread are bowling changes, bowling decisions and most of all the tweaking pitch resetting every time I save out. I like to do a session at a time coz as you know that's about an hour of your life gone and it's pretty game breaking to get a pitch that's going to be a minefield on Days 3/4 and never ever see it materialise because it always resets to Day 1, Session 1 pitch.

Then added to that is the field-setting match awareness. I racked up 568 in the first innings of the most recent game I played and only once or twice did I see any sweepers of proper defensive fields. I've tried altering the AI difficulty (pro seems best when they are batting) but it doesn't appear to make any difference to the logic.

As far as I can tell only the visuals reset the pitch should still play like a day 3/4/5 pitch.

I was also getting the same cracks regenerating last time.

It is shocking though to design 2 cricket games and not include pitch wear visuals in either.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
As far as I can tell only the visuals reset the pitch should still play like a day 3/4/5 pitch.

It is shocking though to design 2 cricket games and not include pitch wear visuals in either.

I've played four games in my thread so far and the pitch has been dusty etc and I've bowled last a couple of times and I certainly don't seem to have got any more appreciable rag or turn and Simon Harmer is no spin slouch.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Excatly the same issue as in 14 . They basically repeated the mistakes of DBC14 at release , not taking into account all the fixes after the patches.

Same twichy batsman running in circles a la 14 , only this time , they left it as such and moved on to more profitable fields...

Very frustrating to think that NO ONE at @BigAntStudios , @HBK619 can take time out of their precious lives , and fix the obvious issues as a side line project.

Only think it costs, is manpower , and if it means a few volunteers on weekends/lunchbreaks , then so be it .

But to just leave it in the state it is , is ..... let me rather not say it out load

Users who are viewing this thread