• Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Happy now, he plays a stupid yet exciting shot and nearly gets out:p

Exactly why he's better now, if you watch the Ashes 05 highlights he went after those all the time, he'd barely average 40 if he played like that all the time.

LOL. KP dropped, he'll score a hundred now =D

And Lee, since that series against the West Indies, Pietersen's averaging 48, with 7 hundreds, and that's including his only spell of bad form against Sri Lanka and New Zealand away. Again he's made 10 fifties in that time, converted 7 to hundreds. He's easily our best player, and any calls of dropping him are ludicrous.

Pietersen needs "a kick up the backside" because he is resting on his laurels, he knows that no matter what happens he has an automatic place in the team. That is where his arrogance comes from. I would sit him out of just one Test, and bring him back in for the second because a player of his ability can't be out for too long. He just needs that spark relighting. I am sure the best is yet to come, but he is letting it go at the moment.

That's his average in this series Jack, he averaged 50 in 2008. It's Cook, Bell, Harmison and Panesar that need to get a kick up the back-side, not our best performing player. Leaving Pietersen out will not relight the spark, he's not suddenly going to start playing like he did in 2005 again, as he's a different player now. I've been saying it for a while, either this year or next he's going to have a massive year and average ridiculously high, and boost his average ten fold.

Strike rate's getting worse though, he'll be behind Cook soon.

He still has a strike rate of over 70 in England. It's just sensible batting on Pietersen's part. In conditions he's not used to, he drops his strike rate and is more watchful. What the hell is wrong with that? The last 3 years, away from home his strike rate has been 52.05, and at home it's up at 69.97. Just shows sensible batting, and good application in conditions he's unsure of.

Last edited:
Averages are pretty airy statistics. The fact is with Pietersen now, for every good innings he plays there will be two poor ones. The old Pietersen would not want that to happen. I know he did that in the 2005 Ashes, but his experience since then should have meant he can live with consistently good innings.

One good thing from his recent poor form, though, is that the rest of the team have learned to do well without him. If we can get the real Pietersen back, along with the rest of the team performing around him, England will comfortably have a superior batting line up to the Australians.

Users who are viewing this thread