Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
You seriously are on something Lee, if consistanly averaging 50 isn't good enough the rest of the England team might aswell retire.

He still has a strike rate of over 70 in England. It's just sensible batting on Pietersen's part. In conditions he's not used to, he drops his strike rate and is more watchful. What the hell is wrong with that?

you take defending your favorite player to another level. almost as close as the Indians with Sachin.
Dont think that the Aussies hold Bradman in the same standard as you hold Pietersen.

Lol, Dare he's defending his favourite player with alot of reason even if you hate him averaging above 50 for the last year and that being classed as poor form which should result in being dropped is perfectly justifiable.

Like I said, averages are airy statistics. They don't tell the whole story. I am actually looking forward to Pietersen going to the Indian Premier League, because three weeks of knocking it about might revitalise him before the summer.

I'm defending him, because the claims are ludicrous. I'm sure if I said that Lara's crap you'd defend him, that's all I'm doing. I don't agree with the claims, so am defending him, and I'd be defending him even if he wasn't my favourite player, as all the statistics are in Pietersen's favour. He's not in bad form, the drop in strike-rate has only been away from home on surfaces he's unsure of and his technique is far better than it was in 2005. I can't see how anyone can justify any bad words against Pietersen, he's carried this batting line-up for so long.

Lee, it's not just averages. It's runs, it's hundreds, it's conversion rate, it's a decent home strike rate, it's runs against almost every side, it's scoring hundreds even when out of form. Pietersen has done nothing wrong, and does not deserve to be dropped, even if it's for 1 Test. If Bell and Collingwood can survive in the side for so long without getting dropped, then you don't drop someone who's averaging over 50.

Last edited:
Averages don't always tell a story but the fact he's our best batsmen and has shown that over the last year and his whole career means alot.

Pietersen will not win England the Ashes on current form. I am not saying England won't win them with him in the team, I am saying we won't win them because of him, in this form.

Lee, shut up. He averaged 50 last year, he's averaging 49 against West Indies in this series. He's scoring more hundreds than anyone else in the England team. He's better than anyone else in the England team. It's the likes of Cook, Harmison and Panesar who you should be slagging off if you're that desperate to slag someone off, not our best and most consistent player. Some of the things you say really do amaze me. Pietersen shouldn't have to win England the Ashes on his own anyway, his form is more than good enough, he needs someone else other than Strauss to start backing him up, and Strauss has only just started doing it consistently. I don't know how we coped with Strauss, Cook, Vaughan Bell and Collingwood out of form and Flintoff out of the side, just shows how Pietersen has carried this side.

Cricket is an entertainment business now. Those IPL sides have been conned by the Pietersen myth, he's just a club cricketer who scores slowly.

Alastair Cook and his exciting band of flashy strokeplay is where it's at. 5 years time and he'll be bought for 15 million dollars. Mark my words.

Let's move on from the KP debate - it's been going on for 4 pages.
Good day today although in the week we had Shrove Tuesday this pitch appears to be as flat as a pancake. Not sure we can take 20 wickets on it...

I'm defending him, because the claims are ludicrous. I'm sure if I said that Lara's crap you'd defend him, that's all I'm doing. I don't agree with the claims, so am defending him, and I'd be defending him even if he wasn't my favourite player, as all the statistics are in Pietersen's favour. He's not in bad form, the drop in strike-rate has only been away from home on surfaces he's unsure of and his technique is far better than it was in 2005. I can't see how anyone can justify any bad words against Pietersen, he's carried this batting line-up for so long.

Im not sure I read a post of his that says that KP is crap. And hes smart enough not to doubt Lara, the man did his thing for 131 tests, not 49.

Im not sure I read a post of his that says that KP is crap. And hes smart enough not to doubt Lara, the man did his thing for 131 tests, not 49.

He didn't say Pietersen was crap but saying that averaging 50 is poor is as stupid as saying Lara was crap.

Anyway, Great day for England we should look to get 450 tomorrow if all goes well. Then we'll have to see how flat the pitch is when we get a bowl, seemed to be a bit of swing at times so Anderson and Sidebottom will be looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Cook does need dropping. He needs that kick up the backside to tell him he can't keep getting half centuries and getting out, he needs to start making hundreds. I don't think Harmison will play for England for any length of time again. Panesar is getting that kick up the backside, he was very much like Pietersen is now. Comes into the team with bundles of enthusiasm, but wanes. Panesar will come back soon enough and do well. Pietersen needs that kick to get things going again. There is something in what I am saying.

Interesting to note that it's exactly the same score that we had at the end of day 1 in Antigua. Just hope KP makes a big hundred tommorow, he's had 1 lifeline, so hopefully he'll build on that and make a big score and get England into a fantastic position.

Lee, there isn't. Panesar wasn't performing, that's why he was dropped. Pietersen's performing, so does NOT deserve being dropped in the slightest. It's pure idiocy.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. Averaging 50 is fantastic form, he doesn't need a kick up his backside.

Users who are viewing this thread