Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Would someone be kind enough to find, and link me, what the actual rules regarding the referral system are ? Much appreciated. Can't seem to find it myself.

"High degree of confidence" is the terminology used (not conclusive evidence), if that is what you were looking for. I will have a quick look though.

Congratulations to Nash on his maiden test ton, the signs were present from his first match and he has played well for it, lets hope he carries on from here, he has been a good find for us to date!!:happy:hpraise:cheers

I put the series defeat down to 1 session of woeful batting plus 2 good Jerome Taylor deliveries (the Pietersen yorker and the Prior off-cutter). We've been on top for the entirity of the series bar that 1 session where we were skittled out, and the only reason we've not won the series is due to awful pitches. We'll hammer them in England and win the trophy back then though, so it doesn't matter.

Are you stupid ?

WI has made more runs than England in every innings, how could they have done that by winning only one session ?

The main reason that they have outscored all the time is because since the first match England have made high scores and declared so the West Indies have been forced to play for the draw and have just batted and batted. Plus England were only one wicket away from winning the other test.

If I remember, England have only been bowled out twice all series. The West Indies the same.

WI has made more runs than England in every innings, how could they have done that by winning only one session ?

Indeed. England have declared their first innings in all but one test. In fact they've declared every innings apart from two. One where they got a commendable 318 and the other where, as others have said, they had a bad session.
The last two England first innings WI haven't managed to take more than 6 wickets.

To be fair though, I've not been the only one saying the pitch isn't dead. All the commentators in the pitch reports at the start and end of the day have said it'll break up and start to be up and down, and the fact Hinds got one to turn on the 1st day. I didn't, and nor did any of the professional's know this would be another dead, placid track.

Indeed. England have declared their first innings in all but one test. In fact they've declared every innings apart from two. One where they got a commendable 318 and the other where, as others have said, they had a bad session.
The last two England first innings WI haven't managed to take more than 6 wickets.

And England was able to take more than 6 good wickets ?

First 5 wickets in the last test were referred and went against WI - Chanderpaul and Nash clearly not out but given out.

WI clearly has more potential to go higher in the rankings, I see Eng getting beat by most teams with these players.

Dan's reading of the pitch is suspect at best. :p

As it is all that of all the former England players over there who, coincidentally, have been saying the same thing. :p
I think Strauss's captaincy has been quite uninventive as well. Vaughan always used to try a variety of things to winkle a batsman out; be it through field placings, lines of attack etc.

To be fair though, I've not been the only one saying the pitch isn't dead. All the commentators in the pitch reports at the start and end of the day have said it'll break up and start to be up and down, and the fact Hinds got one to turn on the 1st day. I didn't, and nor did any of the professional's know this would be another dead, placid track.

Seems like I am the only one that knew, days back. Sky should get me down doing the pitch report. :p

Seems like I am the only one that knew, days back. Sky should get me down doing the pitch report. :p

Yeah well the pessismists amongst us knew this would be as flat as the others. Why wouldn't it be when you're 1-0 up? It's only in England where the groundsmen deliberately prepare wickets which suit the opposition. Remember a test against Sri Lanka where they decided to make an extravagently turning pitch for Murali - very thoughtful of them.

And England was able to take more than 6 good wickets ?

First 5 wickets in the last test were referred and went against WI - Chanderpaul and Nash clearly not out but given out.

WI clearly has more potential to go higher in the rankings, I see Eng getting beat by most teams with these players.

I agree, England seem a rather poor team, and i would like to touch Colin, i mean touch on what colin has said. Strauss's captaincy has been mundane at best. Although, the captaincy does not seem to affect him.

England need to start looking, and grooming players for the future, by getting them test and odi experience.

We are not getting better, we are getting worse. Soon we will be 7th in the test rankings, and no doubt lower in the ODI rankings.

Now is the time to breed the county youth, can they really do much worse than our current form which has seen us slip down the rankings?

You didn't 'know' you were just being pessimistic and guessing the pitch would be another flat boring one. You just happened to be right on this occassion ;p All the signs from the pitch were that it'd get hard for batting, what with the footmarks and decent sized cracks, but it's just done nothing. Another awful West Indian pitch, if it wasn't for that 1 awful England session this series would have finished 0-0, what a dull, dull series. Even the pitches in Pakistan offer more for the bowlers come days 4 and 5, at least they turn!

Gas, if there was county youth good enough to come into the side, they'd be in the side. The batsmen have performed in this series, bar Bell and Shah, and Broad, Anderson, Swann and in this final Test Panesar have all performed as well. So there's only 1 position that needs to be filled. The only reason we've lost this series is because of that 1 bad session. We'll be back, we've got a decent squad and will perform far better in England. Don't be so pessimistic all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread