Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
There's the 500 up for West Indies and all eyes are on Nasser Hussain who promised to strip naked if they reached the landmark

=S

Can someone post this on Youtube if it happens?

On second thoughts, don't :p

Speaking of Nasser striping naked, can i post a poll on the subject Colin, or am i likely to feel the wrath of a Mod. (considering the success of the 'Suits You Sir Thread') :p

I don't see why the pitch is to blame though...good sides find ways to win no matter what the conditions. England just aren't good enough yet.

Terrible conditions though.

You can post a poll. I believe that streaking usually cops you a life ban so it might make it hard for him to do his job.

I don't see why the pitch is to blame though...good sides find ways to win no matter what the conditions. England just aren't good enough yet.

I don't mean to harp on, even though i know i do but....

Flat pitch, wouldn't a leg spinner with a googly be handy, hold on a minute... :p

You mean as Sri Lanka and Pakistan did in the runfest a couple of weeks ago? Some pitches are always going to produce draws between teams with reasonable batting. In years gone past England used to lose on pitches like this.

You can post a poll. I believe that streaking usually cops you a life ban so it might make it hard for him to do his job.

Ah, remember the days when i posted a picture of my love spuds somewhere in the forum, what dark days those were.

Marshall, Holding, Garner and Roberts would have struggled to take 20 wickets on this surface with the Kookaburra ball. Even with Jimmy's late reverse swing he's not managed to pick up a wicket, as the pitch is just so slow. Then if you had a spinning attack, like Indias, they'd struggle as well, as it's not turning, and although Zaheer reverse swings it, he's not quick enough to truely trouble the batsmen. The only bowler that would be genuinely troubling on this surface would be Ishant Sharma because of his extra pace.

ya Chanders your the man, gets a good century on one leg. Awaiting a Chris Gayle boundary fest when he comes out to bat whenever that is.

Also clear daylight between bat and ball in the Chanders referral.

One more thing too no more England commentators, pure bias all the way.

Marshall, Holding, Garner and Roberts would have struggled to take 20 wickets on this surface with the Kookaburra ball.

Im willing to bet any amount of money that they would have already had 20 England wickets.

In case you missed Holding listed all the 5 fers by all the great WI bowlers and they didn't amount to even a 3rd of all the 5 wicket hauls by the WI greats. Only Curtly and Courtney had allot of 5 fers in the Caribbean.

Last edited:
These pitches haven't been that hopeless. There is clearly some turn in it. England's bowling attack just hasn't been that threatening. Swann and Panesar have bowled well, and Anderson had a nice spell, but Broad can't get anything off this pitch while Khan has just leaked runs.

It's a flat pitch, but good sides figure out how to get a win out of these. Even if it is difficult. England just haven't bowled well enough all series. WI have bowled absolute rubbish too, and England were on the brink of a win twice, but couldn't close it out. That's the problem.

I keep hearing all these talk about the pitches, from captain down to cook. From the very first day this tour was announced England belief and perception was that they would have come down here in the Caribbean and walk ALL over the West Indies, en route to the Ashes, that did not happen, why, because they underestimated the West Indies, and I can understand why, because in the past we would roll over play dead and allow all and sundries to bugger us, that did not happen this time around!!!!

Ok, so lets blame something, anything, players, equipment, system, umpires, pitches, ok pitches it is then: man is not like England bats on a pitch and then it is rolled over and turned into a sand bowl for the West Indies to bat on!!! When England bats and scores "a million runs" as said by England captain before the series, they batted well, all is happy, but when we come on to bat and show the same resolve on the same pitch, then it is poor, bad umpiring and system, man it's the same damn pitch, our batsmen is just as good and your bowlers just as poor as ours!!

England was out played in Jamaica, I don't care if it was for 2 balls, 2 overs or 2 sessions, we played better and won that damn game, period!!!
Sure we have no Flintoff, or Swann, or Panesar, but we won maybe we were just more hungry, more driven, maybe we just wanted it more than England wanted the win.

Now the talk is, let them come to England, where the pitches has life, zip and bounce and we will mash them up, fine we will come, and I do hope the attitude is the same, and that they hope we roll over and play dead.
I guess we cannot match England in any department in cricket so on home soil it will be an easy victory, a white wash even.
Our fast bowlers are as frustrated as England bowlers on these pitches, and like England batsmen, ours have enjoyed the moments.
I guess on the return tour, since we can't match England players then we will be pounded into the ground, I guess we will just wait and see!!

How unlucky has James Anderson been in this Test? He's bowled beautifully today, really looks a complete package now, and gets Chanderpaul edging behind, only to see it fail to carry to slip, again. There's pretty much no way for a pace bowler to get an edge to carry to slip, meaning the only modes of dismissal are lbw, bowled and then a false shot leading to a catch in the outfield. Very tough for bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread