Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I disagree. As I've said elsewhere I'm strongly in favour of it, it's just typical of the ICC that a good idea like this has been implemented in such a half-arsed and incompetent way that it's turned people against it.
I can't think of a conceivable way it could work. If they must stick with it umpires should be the only ones allowed to refer decisions, the third umpire must be trained to use the technology, third umpire should have access to all available technology and no decision should be made before the referral is called. Even still there would be the issue of time.

I put the series defeat down to 1 session of woeful batting plus 2 good Jerome Taylor deliveries (the Pietersen yorker and the Prior off-cutter). We've been on top for the entirity of the series bar that 1 session where we were skittled out, and the only reason we've not won the series is due to awful pitches. We'll hammer them in England and win the trophy back then though, so it doesn't matter.

Not sure you'll hammer a full strength West Indies side in England, especially if West Indies choose to defy convention and pick the Kolpak's who are well versed in English conditions (though certainly have underperformed), namely Collins and Collymore. However, I agree with the assessment, England have dominated but fell to that one session and a lack of discipline in the bowling. This being said, the level of discipline required has been extremely high and could only be replaced by superb wicket taking ability, that of which is possessed by few in world cricket today.

What was that from Hinds? It was just a half hearted attempt to send it into the stands, No real determination to get to the pitch of the ball...

Khans a poor mans, a very poor mans, Simon Jones.

Monty should be bowling here I thinks, has done well in this test match.

It can apply in certain situations. Like if a ball's hitting top of leg stump, and the umpire's given it not out for going down leg.
The third umpire says "it's definitely not missing leg. It may or may not be high".
The onfield umpire thinks "I don't think it's going high. I wasn't sure about the line, so I'll give him out."

He seems to bowl some really good reverse swing bowling then ruins it by banging it in half way down going down legside.

On the subject of Simon Jones I really don't see how we are going to beat Australia without someone of Jones' class to bowl with the older ball.

Fair enough, I have no idea what I'm talking about (but, for the record, 28 is young :p). I thought he was like 20.

Young for a person, not for a very raw fast bowler who relies mostly on pace and zip.

Would someone be kind enough to find, and link me, what the actual rules regarding the referral system are ? Much appreciated. Can't seem to find it myself.

I say it's time to recall Ian Salisbury.
I have work to do and for some reason I'm still watching this train-wreck of a match...

Fair enough, I have no idea what I'm talking about (but, for the record, 28 is young :p). I thought he was like 20.

Only to those who are nearing it ;)

I think Khan should be given a couple more runs in the side. I think he has the ability to be good for England, especially with Harmison doing nothing when Fred isn't in the side.

I think we need another "Flintoff-esque," player. We need someone who spurs England on. Strauss does it, but not as much as Flintoff. We also need another genuine all-rounder. I think we lack fire power on pitches like these, then again, even the best teams in the world would struggle here.

Users who are viewing this thread