Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Can we count lbw's that were going to hit middle stump as well? ;)
This is exactly what I said last night though - it's totally disastrous using up all your appeals when you're opponents still have two as anything marginal that goes for you can be appealed by the opposition and anything marginal that goes against you can't be challenged. It's lose-lose.
I'll give you that. But then my sadistic nature is going to please me every time England get a decision go against them. The umpiring's been shocking though, it must be said.

I am not blaming Chanderpaul, if a flawed system is there to be exploited then you would be a fuel not to do so. I wonder how Adam Gilchrist would have used it.

How are you not getting this. He didn't edge it!

How can you say he didn't edge it? Quite inconclusive thus still out.

Chanderpaul obiously though he was out he stood around for a bit then though I might aswell.

You can't definitely say that from the replays we've seen. Edges are notoriously difficult to call on replay. It's inconclusive. I've watched it staring at the bat and foot and I still can't tell.
Therefore, as the guidelines say, you stick with the original decision.

The on-field umpire said he did. I believe it was out, there was a deviation after the ball passed the bat and Chanderpaul wouldn't have taken so long if he had not edged it. Even if he didn't actually edge it, the original decision should have stood.

How can you say he didn't edge it? Quite inconclusive thus still out.

Chanderpaul obiously though he was out he stood around for a bit then though I might aswell.

The bat hit the shoe at the same time of the sound, which was after the ball passed the bat. Very good decision but unfortunately, Athers happened to miss it and Botham had his head stuck up his arse!

If he hit his shoe, then confusion about what also happened then could be evident as his brain would likely have processed the far greater impact of hitting his shoe!

Even if he didn't actually edge it, the original decision should have stood.
If this had happened when Pietersen was batting, and the original decision stood...you'd all be banging on about how the system's flawed and the technology is not helping at all. It's a lose-lose situation for the referral system in these cases.

Hundred for Chanderpaul. Good innings even with the controversy, he should have been out though. Big innings for his team, just wish Prior could catch.

You can't definitely say that from the replays we've seen. Edges are notoriously difficult to call on replay. It's inconclusive. I've watched it staring at the bat and foot and I still can't tell.
Therefore, as the guidelines say, you stick with the original decision.

The on-field umpire said he did. I believe it was out, there was a deviation after the ball passed the bat and Chanderpaul wouldn't have taken so long if he had not edged it. Even if he didn't actually edge it, the original decision should have stood.

From the side on view, the sound was as the ball was miles from the bat. Coincidentally, this view was ignored by Botham, though I am not willing to fault Athers who is a superb analyst/commentator, imo. As for taking so long, I have explained this earlier about confusion caused by the senses as he hit his shoe.

manee added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

If this had happened when Pietersen was batting, and the original decision stood...you'd all be banging on about how the system's flawed and the technology is not helping at all. It's a lose-lose situation for the referral system in these cases.

Certainly would be the case, imo. BTW, are you an England supporter?

Even if there was no noise at all there is still no evidence that proves he hit it or didn't therefore it should be out as the original decision stands.

I don't know what definition the third umpire can see. Maybe the deviation from the edge wasn't visible in standard definition, but me watching in high definition showed a pretty clear deviation. Whatever happened, Chanderpaul should not be there now.

Even if there was no noise at all there is still no evidence that proves he hit it or didn't therefore it should be out as the original decision stands.

But there was sound, and it was after the ball passed the bat.

Refer that six, I don't think he hit the ball!

Stop being an arse. You've made your point, people disagree with you, get over it, no need to act like a **** about it.

Hinds really is an awful batsman. Should have been out LBW already, then scoops one just short of the fielder, then edges one behind. Rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread