Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
The bat hit the shoe at the same time of the sound, which was after the ball passed the bat. Very good decision but unfortunately, Athers happened to miss it and Botham had his head stuck up his arse!
Give this guy a cookie.

Whether there was an edge or not I'm not sure, probably wasn't but inconclusive really. However, I don't reckon I'd like Botham if I were West Indian.

Did anyone here see the side on view which showed conclusively that the sound was after the ball passed the bat?

manee added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Give this guy a cookie.

Lol, I'm not five.

manee added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Back on the important matter, it was a superb ball by Swann.

A superb ball which brought no reward. If you are not going to get anything from it when a batsman edges the ball to the wicket-keeper then you will become suicidal eventually. It is hard enough getting Chanderpaul out once, now we have to get him out twice!

Because they don't have that technology out in the West Indies ;)

Thought Sky just brought it with them.
Anyhow the replay footage was inconclusive so therefore, under the guidelines of the referral system, the onfield umpires decision should stand.
Had it been given not out and England had referred it I'd be saying the same thing: inconclusive therefore the decision stands (i.e. not out).

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

A superb ball which brought no reward. If you are not going to get anything from it when a batsman edges the ball to the wicket-keeper then you will become suicidal eventually. It is hard enough getting Chanderpaul out once, now we have to get him out twice!

Three times if you count the dropped catch.

I hate the attempted character assasination here. "Man on 90, trying to use the system to his advantage" BS. He had a lot to lose if that decision had gone wrong.

I hate the attempted character assasination here. "Man on 90, trying to use the system to his advantage" BS. He had a lot to lose if that decision had gone wrong.
It is there where the tactics come into it. Chanderpaul edges to the wicket-keeper, but with his score he is desperate not to get out and tries it on with a referral. The system is flawed so much that it worked.

Three times if you count the dropped catch.
Well if you're gonna count catches that aren't being held you may as well count every play and miss that's missed the stumps cuz they've missed the stumps !

Adarsh added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

It is there where the tactics come into it. Chanderpaul edges to the wicket-keeper, but with his score he is desperate not to get out and tries it on with a referral. The system is flawed so much that it worked.
OR...removing the apparent cataract in the supporters' eyes...perhaps...maybe , just mayyyybe....he thought he didn't hit it and hence decided to refer it ?! Surely not.

Can we count lbw's that were going to hit middle stump as well? ;)
This is exactly what I said last night though - it's totally disastrous using up all your appeals when you're opponents still have two as anything marginal that goes for you can be appealed by the opposition and anything marginal that goes against you can't be challenged. It's lose-lose.

Indeed, possibility of losing the trophy and whether out or not (though I was sure it was not), the fact that he hit his shoe could have scrambled the senses and made him not sure whether he'd edged it. Chanderpaul seems like an honest, good character from first impression too.

manee added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

OR...removing the apparent cataract in the supporters' eyes...perhaps...maybe , just mayyyybe....he thought he didn't hit it and hence decided to refer it ?! Surely not.

Would have to agree with this.

I am not blaming Chanderpaul, if a flawed system is there to be exploited then you would be a fuel not to do so. I wonder how Adam Gilchrist would have used it.

Users who are viewing this thread