Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
The system is stated that there must be clear evidence that it wasn't out, was it clear there was no edge? No

There was no actual proof that the ball missed the bat though, that's Botham's point. The law says that there has to be substantial evidence, and the 3rd umpire has to be 100% sure that a decision is incorrect for the umpire to reverse his decision. It should have been given out. Simple as.

The system is stated that there must be clear evidence that it wasn't out, was it clear there was no edge? No
There was clear day light between bat and ball when the ball passed the bat. The noise was from when the bat hit the toe and then the ground. Goodness me...you guys do like to moan.

Get snicko out. Hot spot out. I bet it shows no edge. This wasn't a "tactical referral", utter BS.

There was clear day light between bat and ball when the ball passed the bat. The noise was from when the bat hit the toe and then the ground. Goodness me...you guys do like to moan.

Get snicko out. Hot spot out. I bet it shows no edge. This wasn't a "tactical referral", utter BS.

Why did Chanderpaul take so long to refer it then? A batsman knows when he's edged the ball, I certainly do, even if it's a faint one. Chanderpaul knew he was out, but just decided to use a referral anyway as he's the best batsman, like Pietersen referring an LBW decision to Edwards. It was out.

The fact that there wasn't an angle that showed us any day light proves your talking rubbish. On the replay it showed that the bat didn't hit the ground also.

The referral system is flawed. Not even a good umpire like Aleem Dar can use it correctly. Chanderpaul knew he had edged it otherwise he wouldn't have taken so long to ask for the referral. There was a noise as the ball passed the bat and there was nothing it could have been other than bat on ball. Not to mention there was a slight deviation as it went to Prior. The system is making a laughing stock of cricket. It has to be removed.

I don't want to involve myself in any ad hominem arguments. From the front , and the side angle, the bat hit the ground. Very clearly.

Edit: Even Atherton says the bat hits the ground; I disagree that there was a noise before that.

It did hit the ground after the ball passed. I can't hear any noise when it passes the bat. There certainly wasn't any deviation. Get snicko out !

Going over it now, Beefy is a legend :D. Strange decision but why take so long for both Shiv and the video ref to decide.

For me they should get rid of the referrel system and just stick on onfield umpires.

The bat hit the shoe at the same time of the sound, which was after the ball passed the bat. Very good decision but unfortunately, Athers happened to miss it and Botham had his head stuck up his arse!

I would take the system out completely. It is not achieving what it is supposed to in correcting shocking decisions. Players are using them tactically and they take too much time. It is ridiculous how a system that was a total failure in domestic cricket was seen fit to place into the highest level.

It didn't look out to me but I would not say that there was conclusive evidence to say the ump got it wrong. I just think that the the referral system's failure shouldn't take away from the fact that the umpiring in this series has been some of the worst ever.

Users who are viewing this thread