Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Harmison's the only option until Flintoff's fit, then I'd bring Freddie in for Steve. I don't think using 2 spinners, especially one as inexperienced as Rashid would be a good idea, especially considering Rashid's pretty average List A record!

Well the pitches have been very slow and have turned a bit so they would suit Rashid. I would say that Rashid's probably more reliable than either Khan or Harmison at the moment.

I don't know, I was impressed with Harmy today. He got spanked off that 1 over, but 1 over shouldn't make a performance or a player. If it did then Stuart Broad wouldn't be in the England side anymore. I say give him another go, and then when Freddie's fit he can come in for Harmy, although knowing England it'll be Dimi that makes way :rolleyes:

We could actually start bowling Bopara and playing another batsman.

Forgot that Khan was the only real replacement for Harmy on this tour currently. I'd agree with you Dan and keep Harmy in until Flintoffs back. T'would make the team look quite strong.

I don't know, I was impressed with Harmy today. He got spanked off that 1 over, but 1 over shouldn't make a performance or a player. If it did then Stuart Broad wouldn't be in the England side anymore. I say give him another go, and then when Freddie's fit he can come in for Harmy, although knowing England it'll be Dimi that makes way :rolleyes:

Should he have of gone for 26 in one over? I'm sure England will give him another go but his spot is under the microscope.

Batty's done alright though and should stay in the side despite some criticism. He should have had 2 wickets had Harmison not dropped an easy catch.

I've always said cricket should get rid of D/L and yet again I have been proved right. What a farce. Again a perfectley good game of cricket ruined. Would be nice to see some umpires with some common sense as well.

the windies needed to be more careful,a big blunder by dyson.

Would you like to see Bell coming in down the order for Harmison? Just an awful ODi squad selection in general really. I still think someone like Napier or Bresnan should be in the ODi squad as cover for Flintoff or the bowlers, definitely ahead of Amjad and Batty. I would love to see England go with:

Trott
Bopara
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Flintoff
Mascheranas
Foster +
Broad
Swann
Anderson

The chances of ever seeing that side are incredibly slim though, Foster and Trott seemingly don't exist, and with Strauss in the side on default we're not going to see Trott anytime soon, unless he comes in as cover and bats down the order. The side really isn't too far off what I'd like to see, it's just certain areas that are wrong. If we're not going to pick a keeper to open, then the keeper has to be Foster, who's easily the best OD lower order keeper in England.

Least we've got a coach/captain that understand D/L though :p

Matthew Hoggard. Ok I'll let that one go in ODI's :p Kabi Ali would do me. Has a little experience. Although the extra pace Joseph would offer we could definitely do with.

Perhaps Robbie Joseph
Having seen a lot of Amjad and Robbie I feel qualified to comment on this :D

Amjad seems to have been picked based on his form before he broke down at the England fast bowlers camp. He missed about a season and a half and last season his comeback, although very welcome, was not exactly mind-blowing for Kent. Robbie however had a magical season. Was absolutely devistating to county batsmen with the new ball. However he's been around for us a good few years now and has never got me excited until last season. Has the same problem as Amjad with regards to no balls and wides etc though. Not going to make the grade at international level I'm afraid unless we get a coach at Kent who can sort this problem out with our bowlers.

England finally won a match and they won it because of an error of a coach. :laugh Anyway West Indies will probably think by themselves that instead of winning by 5-0, they will win now by 4-1. The big problem of England was the top order. Luckily the middle order rescued them, otherwhile it would have been too easy for West Indies.

wow really disapointed for the players to lose because of a miscalculation by the coach but Dyson has been doing so many good things for the the team that I cant really blame him for anything. Good to see Pollard score some runs after the poor series in NZ, he can really become a useful cricketer for us, bowls some useful medium pace and can hit the ball as hard as anyone. Shiv is great as ever, just stamped his name as one of the best.
Next match is ours without a doubt. Hope we can get Taylor back sometime soon so he can run circles around this England lineup.

I've always said cricket should get rid of D/L and yet again I have been proved right. What a farce. Again a perfectley good game of cricket ruined. Would be nice to see some umpires with some common sense as well.

Right, it's clearly the systems fault that Dyson and the bloke next to him called the batsman in? Wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread