Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
and rightly so. Napier should be in the England squad. Not because of his flash in the pan batting, but because he's a far better bowler than England's current 3rd seamer. He actually bowls at 90mph (unlike Harmison who only seems to bowl at that pace when he fancies), is incredibly accurate, and he gets movement. Get him in.

Indeed, he is, by no means, a special or excellent OD bowler but definitely proficient which is more than can be said about Harmison or Amraj.

Well if the system is too complicated for an international coach to understand...

Just answer me this did you feel enjoyment from that win? No of course not. It was shaping up to be a really exciting finale and instead of been played on the pitch it was decided by a caluclator. Absolute joke. They play for 96 overs but then go off for bad light just when the conclusion was near? I always try and defend the game of cricket but it gets harder with outcomes like this I tell you.

Too complicated a system? He had a sheet of paper with bits of text on telling him what his sided needed to be at, with x wickets down and x overs gone. It really is not a complex system for anyone willing to spend 10 minutes to learn and understand how it works.

No, I didn't feel enjoyment. I was laughing for about 30 minutes, but it didn't feel like a win. That said, had it gone to the wire I was fully backing us for the win.

Many possibilites like use floodlights, go into an extra day, don't go off in playable light.

I don't mind it being used mid-match when there is a rain delay or something but when it used to decide a match it annoys the hell out of me. Guesswork, comeplete guesswork.

Floodlights? Absolutely. They are there, they must be used. Going into an extra day is an absolute no-no, the match is decided on the day. Use floodlights, D/L to decide a result or it's game abandoned.

It is also not guesswork, D/L is a mathematical system using resources. I'm vastly in favour of D/L, it is not 100% accurate, but then it won't be, because you will anomalies in any sets of data.

The system did not fail cricket, the mis-reading of a bit of paper by John Dyson did.

and rightly so. Napier should be in the England squad. Not because of his flash in the pan batting, but because he's a far better bowler than England's current 3rd seamer. He actually bowls at 90mph (unlike Harmison who only seems to bowl at that pace when he fancies), is incredibly accurate, and he gets movement. Get him in.

I don't think Napier bowls 90mph. I think he bowls around 83-84mph generally but is a useful bowler in OD cricket and he has proven to be a good batsman with a good technique as well as a clean hitter.

Nope, he can hit 90mph, tends to average 86-88.

Good batsman is a bit much, he can bat, similar to Mascarenhas.

Napiers pace is deceptive, in all the Essex games on Sky last season he was bowling consistently at around 88-92mph. I was amazed when watching, and remember sending an e-mail to the Sky team about it, and they confirmed on air that the speed gun was correct.

Nope, he can hit 90mph, tends to average 86-88.

Good batsman is a bit much, he can bat, similar to Mascarenhas.

The speed gun is an interesting one. He certainly doesn't look 90mph but if he is then excellent.

I think he's actually a controlled hitter, who has good technique but certainly he can strike the ball.

England should get him in here since were stuck at the moment. Maybe Rashid should take the seamers spot?

Maybe Rashid should take the seamers spot?

Somebody make this man a selector.

amen.jpg

You've not seen him bowl. Stop hyping him. He's just another ridiculous selection based on 1 decent season, and it wasn't even a particularly superb season at that. He doesn't deserve a place.

Gayle's won the toss and West Indies are batting first. Queue an average England bowling performance bar Broad and then a collapse after Pietersen gets out when chasing. Bad news though, Powell's been dropped :(

You've not seen him bowl. Stop hyping him. He's just another ridiculous selection based on 1 decent season, and it wasn't even a particularly superb season at that. He doesn't deserve a place.

Gayle's won the toss and West Indies are batting first. Queue an average England bowling performance bar Broad and then a collapse after Pietersen gets out when chasing. Bad news though, Powell's been dropped :(

n00bs opinion this but...Rashid has had a few very good FC seasons but he's been alright in OD cricket. As much as I want him to get a game, I don't think he deserves a place in the ODI side. But he will rule, more than Man D rules.

He's had 1 good season, and a couple of average ones. His good season was his first, and he only took 25 wickets in the season with 1 5fer. His next season was poor, and then last season was average. Here's his season by season FC record.

As for being alright in OD cricket, he's only taken 15 wickets in England in OD cricket, and not at a particularly good rate/average either. He's not averaged under 30 in a season in List A cricket, which frankly isn't good enough, especially when someone as average as Batty outbowled him last year. That should say it all. Rashid is all potential, nothing more, he should not be in the England team.

He's had 1 good season, and a couple of average ones. His good season was his first, and he only took 25 wickets in the season with 1 5fer. His next season was poor, and then last season was average. Here's his season by season FC record.

As for being alright in OD cricket, he's only taken 15 wickets in England in OD cricket, and not at a particularly good rate/average either. He's not averaged under 30 in a season in List A cricket, which frankly isn't good enough, especially when someone as average as Batty outbowled him last year. That should say it all. Rashid is all potential, nothing more, he should not be in the England team.

n00bs like me are often wrong so correct me if I am but he took 65 wickets last season. That was the third highest, behind Harmison and someone else I've forgotten lol. That's a very good season imo. Batty is great. He rules as much as Man D rules :p.

Yeh, he took 65 wickets, but they cost 31 a piece. Steve Harmison's wickets came at under 20, Kabir Ali took 59 wickets at 18, almost all of the guys that are ahead of Rashid in the pecking order took their wickets at a far lower cost. It's just further proof that England pick players based on 1 good season. Rashid needs time in County Cricket to learn his game, learn his variations and get good at both forms. He's not done anywhere near enough to deserve a place in the ODi side, and both Swann and Monty are ahead of him in Test cricket. He needs 2 more good seasons in County Cricket before I'd even consider putting him in the side.

Anderson bowling very nicely, Simmons gone early.

Users who are viewing this thread