Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
If the game does get moved, do we just start again, or has Chris Gayle made his decision to bowl based upon a different pitch :p

How was Brisbane a farce? They were lucky to get 36 overs and only did so by playing through some considerable rain, at considerable expense to the bowlers. I don't think anyone was more disappointed at the end of the game than they were in the afternoon when play looked very unlikely.

Andy Roberts doesn't think the ARG will be playable any time soon so it seems as if Antigua has lost its Test match.

Sad day for cricket. Two utter farces. One in Antigua, one in Brisbane.

Utter farce in Brisbane? it was the complete opposite the groundstaff did a brilliant job to gety any cricket played you can't account for the weather.

Let's settle that one so we can get back on topic. I believe the Brisbane game today was a farce, because you can't allow the final game of a series that is tied 2-2 be washed out. Even less so when New Zealand were closing in on victory. What should have happened was the game to be replayed tomorrow or Sunday. Leave that now.

The news is that the Test could be replayed at the ARG, but it would not be able to start until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I wouldn't mind that to be honest. The match stays on the island, the groundsmen has a bit of time to prepare the pitch and TWI have got time to install their cameras. Plus I get cricket all the way through my week off. :p

Let's settle that one so we can get back on topic. I believe the Brisbane game today was a farce, because you can't allow the final game of a series that is tied 2-2 be washed out. Even less so when New Zealand were closing in on victory. What should have happened was the game to be replayed tomorrow or Sunday. Leave that now.

Thats no allowed though it was a wash out and thats all it could be you can't have reserve days its just not going to work as people are needed to be at the ground as staff so its just not possible to have them paid for a day they might not even be used.

So far we've had 4 hours of Bob Willis :happy :D

I'll have to gout tonight but am tempted to sky+ him to keep the excitement going. :D

The Test is due to restart on Sunday at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

Is that official? Source?

Themer added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Its on the BBC website so its probably will be true

Great news :D A day without cricket I can just about cope with and it will be totally cool to go back to that ground.

I hope the wicket is a proper fast bowlers one this time full of pace and bounce.

That relocation is the official word from Associated Press, but the stories coming from the people in Antigua are quite different. Some said the main stand at the ARG has been condemned, others said it would take more than 48 hours to install all the broadcasting equipment. Sir Ian Botham said the chances of the game actually starting on Sunday was slim. I think the game will start on Monday there.

Well the groundsman at the ARG didn't seem to think the game could start there on Sunday but maybe he's just trying to protect himself if it doesn't and make himself look good if it does.

Effectively another Test has been added to the series, the second Test has been abandoned (the 45 minutes today) and the third Test will start on Sunday. The games in Barbados and Trinidad will be the fourth and fifth Tests. Why that needed to happen I don't know, but there you go.

From what was said about the pitch it would suit England with the extra bounce, I hope it is ready for Sunday but I hope that the pitch and outfield is ready for it and not rushed.

The pitch and outfield will probably not be ideal but at least they will be playable. It isn't really about cricket now, it is about the supporters. 8,000 people have travelled to Antigua from England and they are desperate to see some cricket. An upper tier in one of the stands at the ARG will apparently be out of use for safety reasons!

Users who are viewing this thread