Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
The outfield does look apalling. Nash couldn't slide on it to make a stop and Taylor was clearly unhappy with his run up. It is early yet, but if the day is full of that sort of thing the game could be abandoned. It would be infuriating. Shame they couldn't move it to the Antigua Recreation Ground! Raining now too, that will cause huge problems to the outfield.

Meh, Collingwoods going to fail and get dropped for the next Test anyway so I'm not too bothered. The rest could do Bells mind some good as well. Just so long as he's in the team come Cardiff all will be good.

This game is going to get cancelled, theres noway this can keep happening

I'm not much of an Ian Bell fan, but I think a lot of the criticism is unfair, part of the criticism is due to his looks.

You can't drop someone for looking like a Hamster.

Harmison suffers from the fact he did so well a few years ago, people complain because he doesn't take 7 for 12 all the time.

The idea of dropping Panesar is not the answer, he is the best spinner England has. Graeme Swann was suddenly all the rage after his performance in India, and people were saying he was more impressive than Harbhajan, but I don't see how a 2 wicket haul can be that impressive.

Collingwood won't get dropped even if he does fail. The selectors realise he's better than the bottler.

And he won't fail because he won't get a chance to bat.

This is pretty embarrassing for West Indies.

This is is just gash. I bunk off the last day of college for a Test that's gonna get called off anyway. Bunch of muppets.

Just bowl the spinners and get on with it.

Or west Indies forfeit. Their responsiblity to produce an acceptable pitch, not ours. :D

Can't see any other outcome than calling it off.
They'll prob try a compromise - 2 hours for the ground staff to fix it or something but clearly the match can't now go ahead.
Absolutely ridiculous.

The commentators are now moving to my point - it is not possible to play here, so why not play somewhere else? If I was the match referee I would tell the groundsmen to go to the ARG and get it ready for tomorrow.

What a bloody pathetic day of cricket, this is a disgrace.
They wonder why Test cricket is losing popularity.
To say Im annoyed is the very bid understatement.

Urgh, thats annoying, i cancelled plans to be at home to watch the cricket.

I hope they can play the game at another ground, or sort it out by tomorrow. I was gearing myself up for another weekend of cricket. :mad:

I doubt that Gas, you know what the ICC are like. The words piss-up and brewery come to mind.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

What a bloody pathetic day of cricket, this is a disgrace.
They wonder why Test cricket is losing popularity.
To say Im annoyed is the very bid understatement.

It's not Test cricket's fault though, it's whoever's responsible for sorting out the outfield.

This is a joke. The West Indies board, the Match Referee, the local cricket board and the ICC are all idiots. They've known about this joke of an outfield for weeks, and yet they still allow play to start. They didn't even bother to get anyone to test the run-ups, shocking. Just pure idiocy on every level, and I imagine Sir Viv is fuming about putting his name to this shambles. Just feel bad for the poor people that paid to go out there and watch this Test. Alot of the Sporting Holiday deals go for 1 match with a couple of days each side, so they will have paid thousands of pounds to get nothing but 10 balls. It's a joke.

It's not as simple as just moving it to the ARG either, it takes a few days to get all the Television equipment setup, the pitch probably won't be fit and prepared, not to Test match standards anyway. This is just ridiculous preparation on behalf of the Antiguan Cricket Board, WICB and the ICC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread