Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
First of all, I never said anything negative about West Indies so I don't know what you're on about. Secondly, Akhtar, Samuels and Asif are cheats and deserve all their negative comments.

Dan I will end this by asking, did Warne have your respect???
And Mani, your comments here or anywhere else has no bearing on international cricket, well can't speak for the rest but surely not here in the West Indies, so go ahead pal and comment till the end of time!!!

Be friends everyone, I like you all, you're not some 12 year olds who get turned on by Yuvraj so I actually like all 3 of you. Group hug!!!!!! ;)

I haven't said release yet.....

Now you can ;)

And Mani, your comments here or anywhere else has no bearing on international cricket, well can't speak for the rest but surely not here in the West Indies, so go ahead pal and comment till the end of time!!!

Warne's drug taking was not strictly performance enhancing, he took diuretics iirc, to help with weight loss. I'd have probably advised laying off the pizza and chips personally, but he turned to diuretics, and paid the price. Same with Michael Phelps the swimmer, marijuana isn't going to help his swimming abilities, and therefore he maintains a decent level of respect as he's a class swimmer. Samuels got paid to provide information to a bookie, there's no way I'd let him in my team after doing that. Just my opinion.

It's not a question of how much big the player is.. But once a player get into such a cheap way of playing cricket(sports should be taken as just sports), he had lost his character and respect from others. No matter what nation he belongs to (Aus or Eng or India or WI or whatever) or how much legend he is (Sachin or KP or Lara or why even if its a Bradman or whoever ), following such kind of cheap way of playing like match fixing is never acceptable.

Even in education they say like, An education without A CHARACTER is just a utter waste! Likewise, how much big or legend you may be, without a character you won't get a respect. It's just a fact of life :) Difference between Steve Waugh and Ponting tells you where former had more character in him. :) By the way, I always loved Aussies winning during Waugh's period, Windies performing under Richardson/Hooper's period, England performing under Vaughan's period, Kiwis performing under Fleming/McMillan/Astle's period, Zimbabwe under Flower brothers period, & now India under Dhoni's period though I enjoyed watching Tendulkar's innings alone :)

Ok, back to the story, Will Windies can win next match? It's a mystery :spy :D

Dan seems to know much more about West Indies cricket than those of us home!!!

I don't know from when you started to see cricket, but I have been following Windies cricket closely from 1995-96. It was just an around year back I left following the other nations cricket and was following India that too also little. What to do.. my office work demands me always. But oh well, SA win over Aussies and WI yesterday's win has turned my focus again on other nations as well :D

You know what, I broke the chair in home when I jumped on it with joy when Windies won the Champions Trophy some years back. They won from nowhere. Browne and Bradshaw brought Windies victory from no where. I always like NZ, WI and SA dominating along with India though :p

Whoooooooffff......What I meant to say overall is, its not good to underestimate anyone like they don't know much Windies cricket :) May be a very big post to say that two lines? You can curse me :p

Warne's drug taking was not strictly performance enhancing, he took diuretics iirc, to help with weight loss. I'd have probably advised laying off the pizza and chips personally, but he turned to diuretics, and paid the price. Same with Michael Phelps the swimmer, marijuana isn't going to help his swimming abilities, and therefore he maintains a decent level of respect as he's a class swimmer. Samuels got paid to provide information to a bookie, there's no way I'd let him in my team after doing that. Just my opinion.

Opinion taken and respected mate. And Tom that group hug thing I hope you did not bring that with you from CCPC :D:D

Suren no need to curse you, and I have been around WI cricket for some time mate, some time it started with Richards.
And guys all said and done and we move on, with a hand shake no groupy Tom

Last edited:

Didn't Mark Waugh and Shane Warne do the same?? If I remember correctly they didn't get banned for it but had to return the money to the Aus board who swept the episode under the rug.

Well to be perfectly honest England are/should be the better team in tests atleast, no disrespect to the West Indies when I say that, there must be something happening behind the scenes for us to have played so poorly, a month back we playing good cricket against India in the test and now we fall about like this.

I see, behind every terrible performance, there must be an ulterior reason, other than that the team was just outclassed. England were just outclassed on that day, severely outclassed, and that brought about their downfall. I'm not buying this IPL crap.

Yes we were outclassed so we are looking at why we were outclassed as on paper we should have been alot stronger.

Marshall and Jaggernauth have been dropped for the 2nd test and the WI called up Simmons and Hinds.
Hinds has been in great batting from this year in the domestic competition so he could actually push Simmons. Also hinds can bowl some left-arm spin so that could go in his favor depending on the wicket.

England lost for two reasons imo.

1. They clearly underestimated the West Indies side, although i think a lot of us can say that.

2. We need drastic changes to our side. We are playing players that are used to losing/under performing and have been for the past couple of years.

Surely West Indies bringing in a player that's already scored a double ton against England in the past few weeks is cheating? They've just bowled us out for 51 and beaten us by an innings and they're improving their team. Cheating *******s. :p

Users who are viewing this thread