Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I don't like the discussion on Sky Sports. The solution is definitely not to fire all the backroom staff. The older pros are rabbiting on about we don't need batting coaches or bowling coaches. In our day we just got on with it.
Totally missing the point and completely our of touch imo.

I'd have to agree with them. There is no need for all these specific coaches for a team that is on tour. You don't want Monty trialling out his new flight and pace patterns during a Test because as he showed today, it takes some time to get used to. Backroom staff should do their work away from a Test series but rather in training camps and at the national academy.

And I thought England had a chance to challenge Australia in the Ashes this year.

Only problem for Owais Shah is who to single out to drop to get him in.

Any idea why Samuels have been dropped? Sorry, I stopped following Windies cricket for last few months. Samuels in the middle order should fill up the gap as he is one of the strong players i have seen.

And for England, it's just batsmen together entered the rough patch at a time. I was expecting huge from Strauss and KP though since they performed so well in India. Bell, Cook, Flintoff needs triggering of their own forms.:)

Samuels is a betting cheat. Gave out some information to a bookie before a game against India. Got a 2 year ban, can't see him coming back tbh.

Samuels is a betting cheat. Gave out some information to a bookie before a game against India. Got a 2 year ban, can't see him coming back tbh.

ooops, thats sad to hear. Oh ya, i remember hearing some news about cheating and connection with Samuel but I never knew that he was given 2 year ban. Poor guy.. he had loads of talent in him. :noway But these guys of this nature deserve more than this 2 years ban. It also reminds me Ajay Jadeja who spoiled his cricket life inspite of having loads of talents.

Anyways, its the end of story.. And I expect England coming back strongly with an innings victory in next match :p Windies have this bad habit of playing inconsistently ;) Lets see.

As silly as it sounds I still think we did well in that Test match, bar 1 session. Only two people I'd take out, Harmy and Bell. Tbh looking at it we look a very fragile team atm as when those in the team lose form we don't have many who would be test quality to step up. Saying that those in the team if they hit form can beat the best in the world on their day.
I only really see Shah, Key and maybe Horton who are good enough to play for England in batting terms, people talk of Denly but he didn't have a great year in a few years time perhaps. Actually probably doing him a diservice forgetting him just then Bopara aswell on that list.

On the bowling front there's a few options. We have Hoggard who I don't know why he was dropped then not even considered for a recall, there's Simon Jones who is world class but still isn't fit, theres Tremlett who did very well against the Indians at home last year, I think it was last year, there is Jimmy Anderson who like Shah has been unfairly kept out in my opinion in the last match and then theres Rashid who I don't feel is ready yet but if he is picked I hope he proves me wrong.

Themer added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Windies have this bad habit of playing inconsistently ;) Lets see.

So do England probably our biggest problem as in India I think we did alright, ODIs aside and then in one session we go from doing ok to 22/7.

Dan seems to know much more about West Indies cricket than those of us home!!! When the ban is over, and he plays for country then he will be available for selection. So stop being so honest with your thoughts of our cricket and cricketers, put that effort into your own guys, we kind of doing alright with ours!!!

Hope the IPL auction happened a few days after this test match. :p

Dr. Pepper; said:
What is that supposed to mean? Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Mani I could care less about your opinions, until yesterday's embarrassing defeat, your opinions were very poor about us and our cricket, and I don't even believe that has changed.
Dan is always carrying on about Samuels or Asif or Akhtar, always very negative about cricketers from elsewhere, he makes statements like he is the WICB head. Whatever happened with Samuels none of us know, he was punished, give the damn man a rest.
We have rules in our cricket like all else, and when Marlon has done his time he will be back, he was not ban for life!!!
And yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, so what's your point??

I've never mentioned Samuels before, but you're right, I slag Asif and Akhtar off, because they deserve it. No-one who takes drugs to enhance their performance deserves any ounce of respect. It's the same with Samuels, if he wants to go behind the cricket board's back and provide team information to bookies, then he loses my respect. Even when his 2 year bans up I wouldn't welcome him back. I can't see there being a place for him anyway, especially if Nash maintains his form. How would be fit in here:

Gayle
Opener (possibly that Richards fella, or Simmons)
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Nash
Bravo

Can't see where Samuels would go tbh, and I wouldn't have him in there if there was a place. Not because he's not good enough, because he's a decent player, but providing information to a bookie about team selection is unforgivable in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread