Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Lucky for us, he's scored half his runs for the tour.

Lucky for us, he's scored half his runs for the tour.

still got plenty to score. he just made 78 for T&T and Hinds just made 134 for Barbados.

Baker also bowled good for Windward Islands, picked up 8 for the match.

Yes we were outclassed so we are looking at why we were outclassed as on paper we should have been alot stronger.

Yes and that is the thing I found so fascinating about Test cricket. End of the day it doesn't matter how do you look like on paper?
It is all about one good session and England were terrible in last two sessions. I am also not buying the fact that IPL has something to do with this. No reason is there to except where you bowled out on 51. That was just Taylor at his best. I am not expecting drastic changes for next match as they are not going to help at all.
Well I agree somehow England have underestimated WI which contributed most for that embarrassing defeat..

No it doesn't matter how you look on paper but the point I was making was we should be alot stronger if we look at averages, stats etc but why on earth did we end up getting 51 we have to look at reasons why.
Yes the West Indies bowled well but we played poorly and we must look at why, were they distracted by the IPL?, is there poor team spirit?

Haven't been on for a while but oh my word what a dismal display that was last week. Serves them right for dropping our Jim I say.

On a more serious note, there aren't enough players in the squad on merit. Ian Bell shouldn't be in it for a start and I don't really know why Sidebottom came straight back into the side either. Panesar hasn't put in a good performance for about 50 million years (slight exaggeration maybe) and if it wasn't for our Fred our bowling would just be complete gash.

Was just browsing Cricinfo and they've written a very interesting stat based article about Englands top 7. The main stat of interest to me was that Ian Bell has a better record than both Collingwood and Cook in the past 18 months! Bells actually been our 3rd best batsman on stats. Certainly reaffirms my call that it should be Collingwood, not Bell that gets dropped!

Yeh but runs scored do, and the fact is Bells scored more runs at a higher average than both Collingwood and Cook in the last 18 months, then there's the fact that Bells technically better than anyone in the team bar Pietersen. Bell would definitely have a place in my team!

I think it's possible to have batsman contribute more to a side over an 18 month period yet score less runs than another batsman in the side. Question:

You need to get some needed runs to save or win the test, who goes in, Bell or Colly? I think what you'll eventually see is Shah at 3 and Bell at 6. Why Bell doesn't play at 6 is beyond me, he's done his best there, clearly not made it as a No.3.

Team news:

Shah and Anderson in. Bell and Harmison out.

Wavell Hinds in for Xavier Marshall for the WIndies.

There is a god. Thank the lord. Ian Bell is gone.

This pitch best not be as bad as they're making out, pretty disgraceful if you have a game called of because they can't produce a proper outfield.

About time England have given Owais Shah another chance. I would have dropped Collingwood for him, but the important thing is he is playing.

By the way Nigel, it is Ryan Hinds coming in for the West Indies, not Wavell.

Dan was last seen hanging from a noose with a picture of Bell clenched in his wrist

Haha :p

Good to see England haven't thrown in Rashid as its still a bit early and its good to see them finally get the selection right with Harmy and Bell going.

Themer added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

And to add to that the outfield looks appaling how a fast bowler is going to get settled is beyond me and this end isn't even meant to be the bad one.

I wouldn't be suprised if this is abandoned. :noway

Now its raining, poor start to a test match although I know they can't be accountable for the rain the outfield looks very poor, Strauss middle a shot a minute a go and only got a one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread