Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
If anyone has got it...please stick on their highlights video of 2005 and pretend it is happening now!

In all seriousness that was a disaster of epic proportions!

I've forgotten about Tresco. When it was unclear whether he'd return or not, hoping he'd return is understandable but it's been over two years and we've moved on down the rankings.

All we need to add more positive and aggressive play to our top order is to put Shah in at 3 and ask him to play the way he plays best!

England's poor attitude lost the game for us, they expected the Windies to be a walk in the park but as soon as they realised they had some real talent in their side, England seemed to give up!

I don't like the discussion on Sky Sports. The solution is definitely not to fire all the backroom staff. The older pros are rabbiting on about we don't need batting coaches or bowling coaches. In our day we just got on with it.
Totally missing the point and completely our of touch imo.
With regard to the match, I'm going to put it down to an abheration and remain confident we will still win the series :)
A DVD of that innings might even raise a smile in the Aussie dressing room at present though.

what a great performance by the windies,reviving memories of the bygone era.

I don't like the discussion on Sky Sports. The solution is definitely not to fire all the backroom staff. The older pros are rabbiting on about we don't need batting coaches or bowling coaches. In our day we just got on with it.
With regard to the match, I'm going to put it down to an abheration and remain confident we will still win the series :)
A DVD of that innings might even raise a smile in the Aussie dressing room at present though.

Oh man totally agree here. Ex-players ALWAYS go on and on about how coaches are useless. But it's not the coaches fault the players don't perform on the day- not usually anyway. It's just the modern day attitude of finding people to blame other than yourself. Blame the government, sue someone for putting a tiny crack in the footpath :mad:

Another innings like that and I might decide to just support Scotland and not England. If we do this when the Ashes come around, I don't think I will be able to look at another Australian again

Only England could get bowled out for 51 against the West Indies. LOL.

West Indies have really improved. Props to them, they outplayed england by miles. On a belter of a track Taylor and Benn destroyed them.

I don't care how well Panesar bowled. If Benn in his 4th test match can totally outbowl him like that then he deserves dropping. Collingwood is a bad player. He's a good player in ODIs because he bowls a bit. He's just not skilled enough. Cook is also going downhill. He hasn't scored big runs like he did when he started.

I admit, I never expected West Indies to win the series. Now it wouldn't surprise me. Reason being they were carrying guys like Marshall, Ramdin, and Sarwan in poor form etc who weren't getting runs and they were depending on Gayle and Chanderpaul to do it themselves. Now all of a sudden Sarwan is back in form and guys like Benn are making the step up.

England need to watch out here. Taylor is turning into a really good cricket, he scored a hundred against us and it was pretty impressive. His bowling looked a little rusty but still solid. Good signs for the West Indies.

I also love the bitching about umpiring decisions when there's a referal system in place. It's a pretty bad system. I did like it when we used it because it gave Vettori more chance at wickets with front foot lbws. Which is surprise Panesar only got 1 wicket. Even with the referal system. Unbelivable.

And about the staff debate, I actually agree. There's no need for all the extra staff. The players should be selected because they have the skills already. Well anyway, the english commentators etc have been crying for it for ages and it's not happened.

Oh and about the referal. What happened. Was there a BS one upheld? McCullum was given out edge behind, he of course refered it because he was no where near it. They go upstairs, you can see zero deflection, no snicko, no hot spot (though I don't think they used hot spot) space between bat and ball and the decision was kept because they apparently found no evidence that he didn't hit it. Go figure :/ So they choose scertain parts of technology to use and ignore others.

Last edited:
Oh and about the referal. What happened. Was there a BS one upheld? McCullum was given out edge behind, he of course refered it because he was no where near it. They go upstairs, you can see zero deflection, no snicko, no hot spot (though I don't think they used hot spot) space between bat and ball and the decision was kept because they apparently found no evidence that he didn't hit it. Go figure :/ So they choose scertain parts of technology to use and ignore others.

well there were a couple I think. There was one with Sarwan but I didn't see that one and then there was one with Powell where he tried to hook the ball and totally missed it and was given out even after the referral.

HA! Well this is crap funny...

Any worries Australia might have had about losing the Ashes probably flew out of the window now. The Ashes really seems like it might turn into a bash of has-beens - not like England have ever had the credentials or class to suggest that they might have been a great side, but still - freakin appalling. And this against the Windies.

Wow how the past couple of years in cricket have turned around, and for the better! Hopefully now those idiots like Willis and Hussain had the sense mauled into them for once and for all that England arent world beaters and never have been....and wont be either.

I can see their point though. Bad coaches do more harm than good.

Goodness, it really won't seem like 5 years since the last tour: history makers. We should win easily though and this will build momentum ahead of the Ashes summer.

don't be so sure about your chances, WI are a much improved side and will be better by the time England show up in the Caribbean.

Can I please apologise for making the above comment, and admit to all the West Indian members that you are a very good side. :o

I haven't seen any of the match (not a Sky subscriber), but just looking at the scorecard, we need to improve desperately (Shah in, Bell out, Harmison out, Anderson in). But, who knows, this could be the crushing defeat we needed to move out of our comfort zone. Realistically, probably not, we've had enough of them. :rolleyes:

I don't know what it is about England, we just can't seem to keep any momentum, or in this case gain any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread