Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Harmison was ranked as the number 1 fast bowler for a while. Doesn't mean he's not average. Just had a purple patch.

The whole of last year he had the 7th most wickets more than any other England bowler and the year before that he had the 9th most wickets plus he bowled well enough in this match.

The whole of last year he had the 7th most wickets more than any other England bowler and the year before that he had the 9th most wickets plus he bowled well enough in this match.

Yeah, i just checked Cricinfo and on viewing his figures I'll retract the "average" statement.

Why is Monty not bowling well at the moment? Lack of confidence? or is he just not that good?

Not bowling well? I beg to differ. He was bowling really well today and although his figures may not show it, was causing problems for the batsmen. He was varying his pace and deliveries. Was bowling well and his figures are unfortunate.

In this match Monty was probably unlucky not to get more wickets he bowled really well for the most part.

This is going to be an easy win,
Last time you were in england the results were like this

and then 3-0 to England last time we went West Indies. Honestly I dont think you have improved since last time we played you, You still lack a quality bowling attack with a spinner and only one of your players ever really performs.

Ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really waiting for the Switch Hit debate at Cricinfo. Those English journalists will be going bonkers!

Latter mostly and a bit of the former. He's too predictable and doesn't possess anything special. He's not always accurate and when he doesn't get spit and bounce (even though he did against India and was still ineffective) he runs out of ideas other than bowling straight.

That's why Swann is a better option and Rashid will finally give us a decent leg spinner.

Latter mostly and a bit of the former. He's too predictable and doesn't possess anything special. He's not always accurate and when he doesn't get spit and bounce (even though he did against India and was still ineffective) he runs out of ideas other than bowling straight.

That's why Swann is a better option and Rashid will finally give us a decent leg spinner.

Swann isn't good enough for test matches and thats coming from a Notts fan, and Rashid isn't ready for it yet in my opinion.

Say haha from me as well!

When I saw the title 'Windies rout England for 51' on cricinfo I didn't understand directly what it meant. But after checking the scorecard it was pretty laughable. Luckily there are four Test matches in the series, so the English fans can still think about a series win.

Not bowling well? I beg to differ. He was bowling really well today and although his figures may not show it, was causing problems for the batsmen. He was varying his pace and deliveries. Was bowling well and his figures are unfortunate.

It's not being unlucky a bowler is remembered for, it's wickets. Look at the figures of Benn in comparison to Panesar....

Rashid is ready imo but Monty is finally starting to show something good. He's finally getting a bit of variation. If he carries on playing a bit longer, that'll improve moreso.

I've gotta admit, I expected us to win comfortably. I didn't expect the Windies to have improved this much as a side or for England to stay in decline and Bell to still be in the team!

I think if we put Rashid in I have this horrible image of him not recovering if he does poorly he needs to be left in the county circuit for another year or so if we want to get the best out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread