Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Effectively another Test has been added to the series, the second Test has been abandoned (the 45 minutes today) and the third Test will start on Sunday. The games in Barbados and Trinidad will be the fourth and fifth Tests. Why that needed to happen I don't know, but there you go.

Not sure where you get your logic from. They didn't abandon the test just the day and should they restart on Sunday it will still be the second test.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

It isn't really about cricket now, it is about the supporters.

Thinking about entering politics?

I'm putting that down to poor editing. The actual blog says:

2.15pm
Breaking news: the second Test will take place on Sunday at the Antigua Recreation Ground and it will be restarted, according to Sky Sports. Well, well, well.

Effectively another Test has been added to the series, the second Test has been abandoned (the 45 minutes today) and the third Test will start on Sunday. The games in Barbados and Trinidad will be the fourth and fifth Tests. Why that needed to happen I don't know, but there you go.

Certainly seems that they're now calling it a 5-test series.

Just spotted this on the BBC website:

Given the short period of time the host broadcaster will have to de-rig its equipment at one venue and rig it up at another, meaning the third Test will take place without the umpire decision review system.

I assume they mean challenged decisions since 3rd umpire will still have to be called into action on run-outs, stumpings and grounded catches.

As far as I know there will be no high definition coverage from the ARG either.

Good to see that the referal system won't be in place for the next test as it ruins the cricket in my opinion and slows down the cricket alot.

Themer added 12 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

After watching a sky sports look at the AVG it looks enough to hold a Test match. The stands look good enough, obviously not as good as those at the Vivian Richards Stadium.
The outfield doesn't look as bad as people said yesterday it looked quite flat to me, so fingers crossed that its a good match.

Some good news to come out of the last two days is that the debacle could see an unprecented return of long term Test cricket to the Antigua Recreation Ground. The chief executive of the West Indies Cricket Board has said they will not take the risk of allocating another Test to the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium and advises the authorities to invest in full restoration of the ARG. It would be wonderful for the Caribbean if that historic old ground had a renaissance, the crowds would be a lot bigger too due to the location.

BBC website reckons that Steve Harmison might be getting the quickest recall in test cricket history. Poor James Anderson...
Can't see the same happening to Shah though!

I don't know. If the pitch is dodgy then I might go with Harmy over Anderson. He's got the height and can do more off the track. But he is in shocking form...

Im not sure, Harmison's gone away from the team after being dropped and has taken wickets so should be back, oh wait... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread