• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kieron Pollard???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You need Chanderpaul out. Sarwan would want to probably bat the first session with him at least. Once Chanderpaul gets in he's hard to get out.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Nash has the Chanderpaul stick-ablity so getting him will be vital as well. If Sarwan or Chanderpaul gets out early tomorrow then the game will be England's.

Slip-Catcher

School Cricketer
** IM NEW TO THIS , GO EASY ;) *** Chanderpaul is the key , personally i dont think the windies have a chance of winning... they need what 360 odd to win... thats a rate of 4 an over if i can do maths :S lol . or is there more than 90 overs to be bowled tomorrow?
Alistair Cook - A great opening batsmen yes , but how boring was he this morning... yes we scored 100+ runs in 29 overs in the morning session but he left 4-balls out side off stump of benn and hindz ... Should be cutting them when we are 350 / 400 above at that time.
Swann is Englands potential match winner no??:happy:happy

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Darren Lehnmann doesn't reckon Swann's a very good bowler and doesn't believe Swann will have much of an effect on the Ashes. He commented Swann's wickets to be lucky as one came from a half-tracker and another one was a full-toss.

BTW, can one of the poms care to give an explanation as to why James Anderson was DROPPED for the 1st Test?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Darren Lehnmann doesn't reckon Swann's a very good bowler and doesn't believe Swann will have much of an effect on the Ashes. He commented Swann's wickets to be lucky as one came from a half-tracker and another one was a full-toss.

BTW, can one of the poms care to give an explanation as to why James Anderson was DROPPED for the 1st Test?
Then Darren Lehmann doesn't know what he is talking about. :p Swann would walk into the Australian team atm, you toured the Caribbean last year and your spinner was so bad he retired after the 2nd Test! Swann is a far better bowler than I thought he was and I reckon he will be even better on these shores.

Tbh, Anderson hasn't done too much in this game. He hasn't taken a wicket, hasn't really looked threatening. He has had more contribution as a batsman. It was worth giving Sidebottom a go in Jamaica, he was unlucky to be dropped after an economical display. Jimmy is a class act though, just remember Trent Bridge last year.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Harmisons done annoyingly well in this test, has bowled accurately and threateningly most of the time albeit with lack of pace but I still think he's a bit of a spent force as he's too inconsistant.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i have to agree, Harmy looks past his best.

If freddie is unfit hopefully Rashid will get a go in the next match.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Looking ahead to the next game:

1. Strauss (c)
2. Cook
3. Shah
4. Pietersen
5. Collingwood
6. Bell
7. Prior (wk)
8. Broad
9. Swann
10. Anderson
11. Harmison

Nothing drastic!

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Nice to see Swann starting to make a name for himself. I've been following his progress in county cricket for years now, probably since 98, just keeping an eye on his stats, and he has always been a consistent performer, much better than all those other dodgy offies England have tried who can bat a bit but can't string together two decent seasons in a row with the ball.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Flintoff out for the series apparently with his hip and its raining quite heavily from what I can see at the moment so its not looking good.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hopefully it'll be Bell in for Flintoff. As much as I'd like to see Rashid in the Test team, I don't think he's anywhere near ready. Bell's scored runs at 6 before, big runs as well, and I'm sure he'll be detirmined to prove the captain wrong and make up for his recent poor form. I can't see anyone else coming into the side tbh, you can speculate about Rashid, but I'm almost certain it'll be Bell that comes in. Flintoff's IPL franchise will be hoping he's fit for the IPL, they won't want their ?1million to go to waste!

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Amjad Khan and Bopara brought into the squad, I would have thought that this would have been a good chance for Samit Patel to come into the team. He's a proper class batsman who can do quite well with the ball as proven in the ODI's so far.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I'm pretty sure they'll only have to pay him 25% of that if he plays four or less games.

Users who are viewing this thread