England more important than IPL - Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. And CSK must hire him. They have the most disappointing "cheer" leaders in the history of cricket :facepalm

Implying Broad's a women and yet he's quicker then any bowler you guys have ;)

I don't think any IPL sides would want Broad anyway. Then again, he's a lot better than Masrafe Mortaza who went for like half a million?

I came across some comments in the cricinfo article about Broad and Anderson putting England before IPL-

1. Posted by eZoha on (December 15 2009, 04:00 AM GMT)
Didn't Freddie say something similar during the first IPL? And look what he has chosen for the second, and specially the third season!!

2. Posted by theballguard on (December 14 2009, 17:24 PM GMT)
Good one boys! You've just saved yourselves a great deal of embarrassment.

3. Posted by Rohan0309 on (December 14 2009, 18:12 PM GMT)
Sometimes it seems that more than the success of the IPL, it is the strong hold that BCCI and Indian cricket has in world cricket that bothers countries like England and Australia. Maybe they are just tired of playing second fiddle to India..!! But come on, guyz..!!You've gotta admit that we, Indians have got the big bucks, as far as cricket is concerned!!

4.Posted by Rohan0309 on (December 14 2009, 18:06 PM GMT)
Anderson and Broad can afford to do this as long as their form is good. 1 slump and a dip in form, coupled with some time on the sidelines, will make them regret their decision. And such arrogance by some Englishmen doesn't sound too good, after their best all-rounder (since Sir Ian Botham) refused to sign the central ECB contract, to earn the big and quick buck in the IPL. And ofcourse, how can you forget KP?

5. Posted by 1983worldcup on (December 14 2009, 11:02 AM GMT)
Why is the title of this article "snub IPL"? If they don't want to play in IPL, they don't want to play, as simple as that. I fail to see what makes them more virtuous or heroic. It is an individual choice.

6. Surely many people won't agree but this one is the most humourous one of the lot-
Posted by shivasub on (December 14 2009, 13:58 PM GMT)
Typical English snobbery. These chaps are a couple of most overrated and useless bowlers. They perform only when given the perfect conditions for swing bowling. Places where even Chris Harris will seem like the demon swinger from hell. True performers should have decent showings in all kinds of conditions. Sadly the overall quality of bowling all around the world has gone down dramatically. :rtfl

Implying Broad's a women and yet he's quicker then any bowler you guys have ;)

Yeah. Shane Bond is(was) also quick but then again he's pretty busy getting injured all the time, isn't it? :laugh

Its good to have a Fast bowler in the team but like Syl said in another thread, "Bowling fast doesn't necessarily mean you will be a successful bowler. Tait is a proof of that". (Words may differ)

I don't think any IPL sides would want Broad anyway. Then again, he's a lot better than Masrafe Mortaza who went for like half a million?

He was bought as he's a Bengali player and KKR is a team based in Bengal. Fans connect easily to "local" players :)

Last edited:
You can go ahead and say "oh it could happen anywhere" and while that is true, the odds of it happening in India are a ████ load higher than in AUS ENG SA NZ WI

But equally true is the fact that a second 26/11 is yet to happen in India. (And it's more than a year...)

As for the main topic, I don't get what's the fuss all about. (Yeah, I haven't gone through the previous five pages) National commitments should always come first, and if anyone desires to opt out of the IPL, to ensure that he remains fit and fine for international tours- then it's perfectly alright. Even the IPL organizers have given more importance to international matches since day one. Why the bloodbath then?

Congrats RDF on your new position as PlanetCricket's official troll!

Thank you. I'm honoured. If having an opinion and the guts to express it and stand by it counts as trolling, I'm a very proud troll :). Although I'm a bit surprised of this sobriquet coming from someone like you :spy

Right...so posting a list of things a bunch of people who obviously don't know better posted on Cricinfo is 'expressing your opinion'?

Looks more like trying to incite a fight to me.

Hence you're PC's new troll!

Well everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Just because you & I agree or don't agree with an opinion, it doesn't make them any more or any less aware than anyone else.

People paste stupid pictures all over threads but that is apparently not trolling in your books. They name call us (assuming you are an Indian), generalize while passing remarks, but that is apparently not trolling in your books. So I'm gonna take your Medal of Honor as a bit of a joke and would request you to have a good laugh about it as well. :)

Coming back to the topic, RR's new CEO said that signings from England were a remote possibility because owners would sign players based on their availability. Anyone thinks any Pom stands a chance except for the handy Dimitri & Graham Napier?

Name calling? Funny pictures? What thread are you reading?

And what opinion? You posted a bunch of idiotic comments off Cricinfo. Are those your opinions?

Anyways, there are tons of English players who would be snapped up by IPL teams, but I doubt they'll be needed. It's the third season now, many sides have settled their lineups and their best 4 nats, it'll be difficult for any English player to break into the starting XI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread