England National football team thread

Was listening to Stan Collymore on the radio moaning about the price of the new kit. Took no notice until I heard...90 QUID!!!

Well, apparently isn't just a piece of fabric, it magically eradicates sweat, keeps your temperature at exactly 38.1C and helps you run 0.03MPH quicker over 10 yards.
Plus, they're now made out of 16 million recycled plastic bags and have a solar panel that, if worn for five hours during the World Cup, could generate enough energy to power a small cottage off the Devonshire coast for 13 minutes. It's the space age and you'd be a fool not to wear one. Or it's just a football top.

Yes, ?90 is a ludicrous price for a football shirt but no one is forced to buy it. If people did the right thing and refused to pay for it then we would never seen this sort of price again.

the real bummer is they made a fan alternative, not featuring the super hi-tech stuff to be very breathable and light and all that. this sounds good, for people that just want a kit to wear in the stadium but it's still ?60. surely they could have made such a shirt for half that price.

massively over-priced, I wonder what a t-shirt would cost with the same type of fabric but just not endorsed by a football team would cost.

on the subject of national football kits though, and we have discussed scotland a bit in this thread, I bloody love the away kit we have right now.

033200a

I read, I don't know if it's true, that you can buy a white Nike tee and iron an England badge on to it for a total cost of ?15.99.

Good little April Fool from the Daily Mail:
EXCLUSIVE: England to wear one-off YELLOW kit at World Cup in homage to hosts Brazil*

I read, I don't know if it's true, that you can buy a white Nike tee and iron an England badge on to it for a total cost of ?15.99.
Nice idea. Wouldn't really see what the difference would be. Don't see the point in paying so much just to look the part for once in the year when England are going to inevitably disappoint again like they always do.

The challenge will be finding a way to make Henderson, Barkley/Wilshere (yes, Henderson over either of them), Lallana, Sterling, Rooney, and Sturridge all start in front of Gerrard or deciding who to drop.

Gutted for Jay Rodriguez, injury seemed so innocuous live & even on slow motion replay. Carrroll showed today vs Pool, why he would be a very useful squad player to have as "Plan B" sub late in a game.

If we not getting goals, stick him up top & let our pacy wingers wing crosses into him - tired defenders would hate facing him in such circumstances.

----------

The challenge will be finding a way to make Henderson, Barkley/Wilshere (yes, Henderson over either of them), Lallana, Sterling, Rooney, and Sturridge all start in front of Gerrard or deciding who to drop.

And the The Ox too. On current form, if ENG copy Liverpool's 4-4-2 diamond, Gerrard as the registra & Lallana as the triquartista behind Rooney/Sturridge & Henderson are the certainties in mid-field.

Barkley, Wilshere & The Ox are battling for the final mid-field spot.

Oxlade-Chamberlain over Barkley and Wilshere for sure. The latter two are far too overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw today why Oxlade-Chamberlain has to go to the World Cup and he has to start. The guy is destructive, he changes the game so easily and that is what you need in that sort of tournament. His long shots are out of this world, as are his pace and his dribbling. He's very effective off the bench too, probably our best. He instantly increases the tempo of the play when he is on.

I still fancy him as more of a winger though he can fill in in midfield if needed.

He can go instead of Mr. 1 goal in 1 assist and 19 appearances. The saddest thing is that goal was unintentional too:facepalm.

Ye if as i've noted b4, i England play 4-4-2 diamond Liverpool style preferably or even if he does a simple 4-3-3 with just 3 in the middle, Gerrard, Lallana, Henderson & The Ox on current form should be starting.

Barkley probably over Henderson because he could basically has his engine but with more flair.

Last i checked their is no England player who is currently in 19 appearances that has been selected under Hodgson's tenure. So not sure who you referring to at the end their my friend..

Users who are viewing this thread