England Team Discussion

I would say a good decision.

Felt root was a victim of a bad team overall, can't see any real, genuine replacements for him. Maybe Bairstowe I guess. Just highlights England are in for a rough ride the next few years talent wise (exception of Archer and Robinson).

Goodbye, Captain Joe
Yeah, he had to go. Good bloke, great batter, crap captain. So bad indeed, that after captaining a bunch of age group sides and Yorkshire, he earned the nickname "Craptain".

I am intrigued who his replacement will be. I can't see it being anyone other than Bairstow or Broad, but I think it needs to be a county captain - which would mean either Burns, Vince or Billings. Lees has captained a county, but he immediately forgot how to score runs as soon as that was on his plate so that's not a great option.

It would be very England to appoint Rob Key as official Cricket Daddy, and for his first appointment to be Zak Crawley as England Test captain

It'll be Stokes. It shouldn't be. But it will.
I really don't see why, should he want it, they can't go with Ben Stokes for say 12-18 months. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, vice-captain Zak Crawley will ready.

The idea of plucking some rando from county cricket out seems ridiculous to me. Is anyone gonna get more out of the batters than Joe Root did?

I really don't see why, should he want it, they can't go with Ben Stokes for say 12-18 months. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, vice-captain Zak Crawley will ready.

The idea of plucking some rando from county cricket out seems ridiculous to me. Is anyone gonna get more out of the batters than Joe Root did?

rd22itrg_bairstow-afp_625x300_10_January_22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread