England tour of South Africa 09/10

Good result, I think over the 3 games, we were the better side. Gives us a confidence boost over the test series.

Well done to England, they were the beter side. It's sad that two games didn't even have a ball bowled but I guess sometimes you are lucky, sometime you are not. Hopefully the test series will be free of rain. Quite a dissapointing series, only one really competitive match with the rest being quite one sided.

Now it's onto the important stuff, this should be an epic test series.

I'm confident South Africa would have won one or both of the other games should they have eventuated. Can't take too much joy out of a series completed by 60%; can thank the weather though.

The South Africans to win the Test series 2-0.

I'm confident South Africa would have won one or both of the other games should they have eventuated.

Unless you have the ability to see into the future, how the hell can you predict that? South Africa had been pretty appalling in the ODI's so far

Unless you have the ability to see into the future, how the hell can you predict that? South Africa had been pretty appalling in the ODI's so far

I had access to Stewie Griffin's time travel devices

South Africa are one of those sides with a lot of talent but don't get the cogs aligned at crucial times. But when all cylinders are firing they are unbeatable. Taking nothing away from England but I think that misfortunate weather will fire the South Africans for the important series.

I think England will put up a good fight in the test series. They're obviously been buoyed by the ODI series win but I still think that South Africa might just have the edge.

That said, it would have been nice to see a full five games in the ODI series. But England were deserved winners.

Mark Davies has been added to the England squad as back up for Anderson and Sidebottom.

I think South Africa would have preferred to play those extra day/nighters, for sure. It's pretty obvious that they are more comfortable in high scoring games than the ones where you have to think about which way the wind is blowing.

I think South Africa would have preferred to play those extra day/nighters, for sure.
Well of course they would have, they may as well play when you're losing the series anyway. :sarcasm

We were the better team over the 3 games and deserved to win, so everyone should get over it.

Good to see Davies added to the squad, makes you wonder how good he could have been without all the injuries he's had in his career.

He's an excellent player, but does have the reliability of an Alfa Romeo, which is a shame, because I genuinely think he could be (or have been) a very good international bowler.

I've never really seen much of him on Sky or anything, but his averages have consistently been brilliant. Wouldn't mind seeing him getting a go really.

Personally, not seen anything of him. How many fc games did he play last season? Because from what I read he took 19 wickets @ 29, which is good, but not setting the world on fire. I would look this up but I'm in hospital with a burst appendix :)

Davies has been so unlucky with injuries. He's got such a good domestic record, averaging 21 runs per wicket with 251 FC wickets to his name. In 2008 he had a phenomenal season, taking 41 wickets at 14.62 and yet never really got any attention for it, bar call-ups to the England Lions. He also did brilliantly on the Lions tour to NZ last year, and was unfortunate to have injuries delay the start to his season this year. Even so, 19 wickets at 29 isn't a bad effort.

Would much rather see him play ahead of Sidebottom or Plunkett that's for sure. Been a fan of Davies for a while.

I don't know about Mark Davies tbh. Saw abit of him in New Zealand when he toured with the Lions and he wasn't all that quick so unless there's a lot in the pitch he will probably struggle to be effective.

Users who are viewing this thread