England tour of South Africa 09/10

Why can't they just bring back Harmison instead of calling all those crap bowlers

I hope England Win... They are a good side.. but luck is what they need..

I reckon the English boys think there back in England with all this rain!

The English are 142/3 after a rain interupted day against a very weak South African XI side. Hopfully they can get some play in today.

Is Trott batting with his handle? He is on 6(65) Now there's batting slowly, and then there's batting slowly!

Kallis looks unlinkely to start the first test and Steyn is still only at about 80% though he is likely to play. I read that Mickey Arthur is considering either McLaren or Peterson to replace Kallis. I really hope it's Peterson because I don't thing McLaren is test quality, he isn't the most threatening with the ball and his batting worries me.If they play McLaren then I would bring Kuhn in instead of boucher to bolster the batting but we know that will never happen.

Why is England playing a warm up against such useless opposition, they are not even professional cricketrs.You can't learn much about a player because everyone should be able to score runs against this lot.

Glad Sidearse did well. I like him as a bowler. I think England have been a bit hard on him lately (maybe he was injured though) and not picked him as much as they should have.

He had an ankle problem for a long time that needed proper treatment, but he kept on playing with it.

Kallis looks unlinkely to start the first test and Steyn is still only at about 80% though he is likely to play. I read that Mickey Arthur is considering either McLaren or Peterson to replace Kallis. I really hope it's Peterson because I don't thing McLaren is test quality, he isn't the most threatening with the ball and his batting worries me.If they play McLaren then I would bring Kuhn in instead of boucher to bolster the batting but we know that will never happen.

Why is England playing a warm up against such useless opposition, they are not even professional cricketrs.You can't learn much about a player because everyone should be able to score runs against this lot.

Source?? Cricinfo says JK will play. Mickey said earlier this week they would see today whether he can play as an allrounder or just a batsmen, just wanted to make sure he wouldn't injure himself if he plays as just a batsman.

I expect JK to play as a batsman. If he doesn't make it peterson should play.
Kallis likely to play at Centurion | Cricket News | South Africa v England 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Source?? Cricinfo says JK will play. Mickey said earlier this week they would see today whether he can play as an allrounder or just a batsmen, just wanted to make sure he wouldn't injure himself if he plays as just a batsman.

I expect JK to play as a batsman. If he doesn't make it peterson should play.
Kallis likely to play at Centurion | Cricket News | South Africa v England 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com
I read it in the Sunday times. But I guess they are not the best source.

That's good news. even if he plays just as a batsman, he would be crucial to a win for us.

With parnell,mcclaren and peterson being send back to their franchise the side is basicly picked. De Wet stays as emergency cover in case Steyn doesn't feel well on match day but chances of that are slim. Kallis plays as a batsman. A bit light on the bowling but centurion has turned in the last few years so JP will probably be able to cover for kallis absence, obviously not at the same level but he can do a job.

SA expected side:

1.Smith
2.Prince
3.Amla
4.Kallis
5.AB
6.JP
7.Boucher
8.M.Morkel
9.Harris
10.Steyn
11.Ntini

Why do we still play Harris? I know he did well against Australia, but England play spinners much better than the Aussies. Go with an all out pace attack instead, and have Duminy bowl his part timers. Harris doesn't really trouble the batsman. He doesn't have variation, and the ball doesn't turn much anyways. I'd rather have the curator make a bouncy pitch with some grass on it.

So good to see Morkel back. He has everything in him to be a star. He just needs the proper fine tuning. I have a feeling he will be very good in this series. Coming back after being dropped, and with a point to prove. Fast bowling at it's best when you have a fired up pace bowler like Morne!

Users who are viewing this thread