England tour of South Africa 09/10

Was a good over though tbf. Only bad ball was the one that got the wicket of Smith. The short ball to Prince was very nice, awfully played, but a decent delivery.

To be fair, Broad has improved as a bowler quite a lot since the last time I saw him. (When we toured England)

Yea he's a pretty good bowler these days tbf. I still don't like the fact he doesn't look at the umpire when he goes up for a LBW though.

Alot of tbf-ing going on here, and I'll add another. He does only do that when it's pretty plumb lbw tbf. I like it as well, always think it's brilliant when he goes off running down the pitch with his arms in the air before the batsman's been given out :D

Tbf he probably shouldn't have the new ball and Sidebottom should be in the side.

England need to realize that he gets zero movement with the new ball so he'd make a better first change. It's a wasted opportunity. Onions would be better with it. From what i've seen he's a better bowler.

Last edited:
Good wicket there. Nice outside edge for Onions who has been bowling very well today.

Good start so far to the Test Series for England fieldings been pretty decent and the bowling has been pretty accurate.

Could do with getting Kallis early, as he's one of the big wickets, to round off a good first morning session.

Themer added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Prince dropped.

Would have been a cracker of a catch but he probably should have taken it after he'd reached the ball, could be costly.

Tbf he probably shouldn't have the new ball and Sidebottom should be in the side.

England need to realize that he gets zero movement with the new ball so he'd make a better first change. It's a wasted opportunity. Onions would be better with it. From what i've seen he's a better bowler.

You didn't see Broad swinging the ball with the new ball then?.......I do agree about Onions though, he should definitely have the new ball. He's a new ball bowler, that's what he does for Durham and he's very good at doing it. Broad should be 1st change.

As for Sidebottom. He's not done enough to warrant selection. Fair enough he was bowling with injuries in the West Indies, but in the One Day games I've seen him in later this year he looked terrible. He had a purple patch of superb bowling, but has done nothing since then. Broad ended the Ashes series brilliantly and dropping him for a guy like Sidebottom who hasn't remotely performed for England in the last year and a half would be very silly.

Picking Anderson and Sidebottom also gives the attack a massive reliance on swing. If the ball stops swinging they're both pretty ineffective, Broad doesn't rely on swing and more importantly he bowls wicket taking deliveries. Sidebottom's not looked remotely like getting wickets whenever I've seen him in the past few months; and I don't think a few wickets against an Amateur side in a warm-up game should get him a place in the Test side after such a long period of poor bowling, whether that was because of injuries or not. Also don't particularly want 2 bowlers in Anderson and Sidebottom who have injury problems; especially considering Swanny's struggling as well.

That was a good ball by swann to get the wicket, it was on a line and length the batsman had to play at, and it turned quite a bit to find the edge.... well bowled

Two of my favorite players to watch playing together. here's to a triple century stand. (hopefully)

Anyone who enjoys watching quality Cricket, will want these two to stay as long as possible together. (Yes, even some England supporters. Those who do not, are not true lovers of the game. :p)

Fatal Shot added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

It was worth the appeal. It's Kallis. But that's one down!

Kallis seems so powerful lately. Not just in the sense of hard hitting, but full of real, scary power.

Completely forgot about this game :p

Kallis is a big bloke. He could probably pound Chuck Norris :)

Users who are viewing this thread