England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Fair play to Bavuma. Having a great knock.

What a shocking bowling and fielding display by both sides. It's bad when Root gets wickets.

Cook's decision to declare looking even more stupid as every Over goes by.

Edit: Sorry Root caught, not bowled. Apologies! After this many overs, the live text is confusing my eyes!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any other SA supporter having heart failure with Bavuma? I mean I like the guy but you can see he isnt international quality, how will Rossouw, Cook and even McLaren get into the side? In all honesty, SA cricket is doomed. One good opener, 2 world class players, Faf now got an 88 on a road so he'll stay, de Kock and Vilas are struggling, Rossouw, Cook, De Bruyn and McLaren all filed away. Bavuma cementing his place for 100 tests. Rabada looks a bit raw (although he'll be top 10 this time next year), Philander leap frogging Paterson, Viljoen, De Lange. I worry...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Is this wicket flat ?? Whats going on with the massive scores

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Is this wicket flat ?? Whats going on with the massive scores

It's flat but insanely flat, England dropped 10-11 catches that were all easily catchable. If you bowl good lines you can create chances...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It's flat but insanely flat, England dropped 10-11 catches that were all easily catchable. If you bowl good lines you can create chances...

Wow. Thats kind of terrible :|

bigred

Club Captain
No. If Van Zyl is dropped Cook is coming in. No other option. Dont speak about it, dont ruin my hope, please dont...

I said before the test that SA needed 5 bowlers. Morris should bat at 7. De Kock would score more than van Zyl at the top.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
I said before the test that SA needed 5 bowlers. Morris should bat at 7. De Kock would score more than van Zyl at the top.

I don't think de Kock would do too well. Also with our side we need 7 batsmen more. If Morris could make it as a bowler he would be a fantastic no8 or even no7. Trust me Cook will average above 40 if he plays 10+ tests. We need 4 world class bowlers (Rabada, Morkel, Steyn and Tahir) and use Elgar and Van Zyl (if he's in the team). I go as far as too say if Cook and Rossouw get in the team we can afford Morris at 7. It's all about the selections.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Good on Bavuma. History making is perhaps being a bit dramatic for this pitch, but good for him. Hopefully he inspires plenty more to keep going with Cricket in South Africa.

On an England note, hopefully Hales can do the same and bag a ton tomorrow.

bigred

Club Captain
Good on Bavuma. History making is perhaps being a bit dramatic for this pitch, but good for him. Hopefully he inspires plenty more to keep going with Cricket in South Africa.

On an England note, hopefully Hales can do the same and bag a ton tomorrow.

Agree. I'm pretty sure that I'd hit double figures on this pitch.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Franklin : "Root the biggest fluke job in international cricket. An entire career based on luck. Countless times he's been drops it out of no balls and he goes on to slog runs. Talentless. "

Some people honestly confuse me...

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This is more like the England I grew up with. I had been wondering where they'd been hiding all these years![DOUBLEPOST=1452073234][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, just wanted to say, well done to South Africa for picking themselves up after that first England innings. Up until Amla came in a couple of days ago, I couldn't quite believe that this was the number one ranked side in Test Cricket. But they have all played very well since.

PokerAce

Banned
Also these are interesting times for the top 3 teams on the ICC test ranking table. Australia are leading WI 2-0, and should really win the series 3-0. If they do, then they will move ahead of India into #2 spot. If however it remains 2-0, then Australia will remain 3rd. There is plenty of rain in the 3rd test right now, and more rain is likely for the 3rd day's play. If day 3 is washed out, with not even one innings having been completed yet, the chances of a draw are high. However if there is no further rain, then Australia will beat WI easily in all likelihood.

Regardless of who is second, Australia or India, having lost the first test, SA must win atleast two of the three tests (including the one presently going on). Unless SA draw the series 2-2, or win 2-1, they will lose the top spot on the table to Australia or India, whoever is second, after Aus vs WI third test.

Actually just to update on this #1 Test Team Ranking. I was under the impression that the results of Aus beating NZ had been updated on the table already, so I had simply calculate the result of Aus vs WI, and had ignored the Aus vs NZ results.

However now having also taken into account Aus beating NZ 2-0, and Aus now set to win 2-0 against WI and not 3-0, as heading into the final day of the final test due to rain, not even one innings has been completed, so a draw is the only option, there are some corrections to be made to the earlier post.

Aus after the 2-0 win against will move ahead of Ind in the table into 2nd spot. Aus will have a Rating of 112, to India's 110.

Now SA will retain their #1 crown as long as they atleast draw the series against Eng (1-1 or 2-2, 0-0 no longer being an option now). If they win even better. As long as SA draw the series they will also have a Rating of 112, equal to that of Australia. However since SA's Matches would be lesser than Aus (34 vs 44), SA would be ranked higher than Aus, and thus hold onto the top spot.

The Rain has robbed Australia a little as had the series finished 3-0 Aus, which lets be honest, it would have, had there been no rain, then Aus would have moved on to 113 Rating, and thus SA would not have been able to hold onto their crown with just drawing the series vs Eng.

SA then would have had to win the series 2-1 or 3-1 (1-0 no longer an option now) to continue their reign at the top.

stefan

International Coach
Game certainly on here. Wonder what SA would think is chaseable? If we can get england out don't be surprised if we see QDK promoted in place of van zyl.

Great effort by the boys. Could have been better if morkel didn't overstep and kg managed to hang onto to taylor. Great effort but need to take those in these types of matches.

Users who are viewing this thread