England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I know nothing about the South African quota system, so can somebody tell me what happens given that SA have only picked 3 'players of colour'?

they won't have, it's not quite as obvious as just seeing who has darker skin, herschelle gibbs, parnell and langveldt for example were quota players.

tbh though, I dunno who the 4th is. it's all a bit complicated, when Bavuma was named the first black south african to score a 100 I was kinda like "er, ashwell prince isn't black?"

Last edited:

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
they won't have, it's not quite as obvious as just seeing who has darker skin, herschelle gibbs, parnell and langveldt for example were quota players.

tbh though, I dunno who the 4th is. it's all a bit complicated, when Bavuma was named the first black south african to score a 100 I was kinda like "er, ashwell prince isn't black?"

Yeah I found the Bavuma thing quite strange.

I only asked, as a SA fan on this thread pointed out that there were only 3 black players playing. Didn't know whether or not that would cause political unrest.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Rabada you sneaky bastard!

Good bowling, good batting and an interesting test. It's not a particularly fast pitch though and I think batsmen are getting caught in two minds, seeing shadows where there are none, only Root really seemed at ease for the most part and of course Stokes.

For SA to win, they have to bat out the rest of today and at least some if not most of tomorrow. That's looking unlikely.

PokerAce

Banned
Phenomenal from England in the 2nd innings, led by Braod. He is really a bowler of great spells. Once he gets in his rythm, he uproots everything standing in his way. I have seen Stokes really come to a different level here. Right now he is swinging the ball away from the left hander from around the wicket, and that is some high level bowling. Few (if any) besides Anderson can do that.

Taylor's catching has been brilliant. He really could try being a goal keeper, he would make quite a career, stopping shots from close range and all.

If SA lose today, and it looks like they will, (lose being the key word there, not today), they will lose the series and along with that their reign at the top of test rankings will come to an end, and pass onto Australia when the next table update happens.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Taylor's catching has been brilliant. He really could try being a goal keeper, he would make quite a career, stopping shots from close range and all.

A 5 foot 5 Goalkeeper!! Yeah that would work!!:facepalm . Short-leg 4 life though!!

Fantastic bowling from Broad, he really does produce magic spells. Think he may have just edged Root for MOTM.

PokerAce

Banned
A 5 foot 5 Goalkeeper!! Yeah that would work!!:facepalm . Short-leg 4 life though!!

Fantastic bowling from Broad, he really does produce magic spells. Think he may have just edged Root for MOTM.

Yeah that was pun/joke in the post. The way he is catching, someone would sign him despite the height.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
:eek::facepalm:noway
Words can't describe the way I feel... all out for 83
Joint 10th lowest innings total.

bigred

Club Captain
England are close to becoming a really good side now. Beating Australia and SA in a few months is a brilliant achievement. England still find the Emirates the hardest place to go, but they've proved in India and Sri Lanka in their last tours there, that they can get results. I don't think Pakistan are better than England, but they are very strong in UAE. England will teach them a lesson this summer. Could easily be 3 or 4 nil.

Apart from away tours against Australia and Pakistan, I'd fancy England every time now.

bigred

Club Captain
I know it's really early and so hard to say, but what are people's gut feelings on Alex Hales' test career going forward?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I know it's really early and so hard to say, but what are people's gut feelings on Alex Hales' test career going forward?
Don't worry, he has 7 home tests against Sri Lanka and Pakistan to cement his place in the side.

bigred

Club Captain
I really can't understand Compton's thinking sometimes. Good job I can smile about it given the situation we're in.

Users who are viewing this thread