England v West Indies

S

sonic

oh, by the way auwais, i have put harmison in the team, well, kirtley hasn't made is international debut yet in real-life, although he is in the squad, but i quite like the look of harmison as he is englands fastest bowler

S

sonic

the OCB have announced that West Indies have requested to delay the second test by up to one week. there are 3 weeks left for the completion of two tests in the series, currently tied at 0-0.

K

killa_stiky2002

Also the OCB has changed the venue to Nottingham since the Oval's ground staff stated that it was a literally a lake there and the irrigation system seemed vandalised....

K

killa_stiky2002

The West Indies collapse early on the 1st day

The Windies could only last 19 overs on a damp English pitch. They started well with 12 off the first over but that wasn't to last. Gayle went when the score was 29 and the West Indies slowly but surely collapse for 101. A quick fire 25, 21 and 15 by Gayle, Lara and Sarwan respectively, ensured that they were not embarrased to being all out below 100.

Lara said
The pitch is hell. Never have I seen a demon pitch like this. Despite that, it was still a good wicket to bat. But England did their homework and set their fields very carefully and in addition fielded very well. The run out [of Ganga] and the innings turning catch [of Lara himself] really helped the bowlers.

West Indian Scorecard:

K

killa_stiky2002

Match Summary: Don't mind that it shows "1st test"

K

killa_stiky2002

Lara added
Spin did the real job for England. And we also have loads of spinners. The England coach, Stuart, disclosed to me, at a nightclub, that their batsmen don't play spin very well as was seen in the first match. Samuels, Sarwan and Gayle are gearing up for a bowl.

And now for the wickets:

Users who are viewing this thread