England v West Indies

S

sonic

Batting stats...no one was really said the world alight with boundaries, with the exception of Michael Vaughan who was back to his brilliant best

S

sonic

bowling...Sarwan and Lawson were a little expensive but some economical figures for the West Indies, mainly due to the way England carefully constructed their innings

S

sonic

Match Summary

Day 1: West Indies 101 all out, England 356-4
Day 2: England 403-4 declared

It is now mid-day on the second day, just an hours play gone and the West Indies are 1-0 from 1 over.

Lisle, here's the saved game file, I have swapped the teams for you. Good luck!

K

killa_stiky2002

An update:

After the 7th over, West Indies were slugging along at 3/0. But they managed to boost the run rate since the 18th over to 106/0 with both batsmen on 50*.
I am improving, don't you think yall? PLZ Answer I need to know :D

Scorecard (only scorecard because I never anticipated to end the innings tonight so I didn't start FSSCREEN) :rolleyes:

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by killa_stiky2002@Jun 11 2003, 05:20 PM

I am improving, don't you think yall? PLZ Answer I need to know :D

you certainly are mate!

R

Rangeela

I doubt it ...the way sonic's play there will be a chance of a win foir england

S

sonic

Originally posted by Rangeela@Jun 12 2003, 09:23 PM
thx man, now I am under pressure :unsure: B)

R

Rangeela

Originally posted by sonic@Jun 12 2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Rangeela@Jun 12 2003, 09:23 PM
thx man, now I am under pressure :unsure: B)
I didnt meant to put u under pressure..I know u can do it

K

killa_stiky2002

Disappointment for West Indies fans as England walk away with innings and 83 run victory.

A sudden batting collapse crashed the West Indies from 106/0 to 219 all out. Hinds top scored with 101 and support from Gayle with 57. Apart from that, no one else score over 12. Hinds, who seemed to want to finish unbeaten slowly but surely lost it as wickets fell all around him. Lawson and Drakes entertained the crowd with 2 sixes and 2 fours between them in about 8 balls. Anderson took 5 wickets.

Because of this huge defeat, West Indies can only possibly return home with a tied series 1-1. But that looks unlikely because their batsmen & bowlers who so love hard pitches are struggling in wet England.

Final Scores:
West Indies 101 & 219
England 403-4 dec

England win by and Innings and 83 runs

(Best of Three) Series - 1-0 (England after 2 matches)

Match Summary

Users who are viewing this thread