England in Bangladesh, 2005, 2nd Test
Bangladesh v England
Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka
3rd October 2003 (5-day match)

First Day - Lunch
England 97 -2 (30.0 overs)
PICTU7.jpg

PICTU6.jpg

England started the 2nd test knowing that for some players, this match was vital. A.Strauss without a run to his name was looking for a big score and his opening partner, M.Trescothick a big score too. Unfortunetly A.Strauss was out for just 5 when he was run out by M.Rahim. However at 19-1 it was easy for England to panic but thay didn't and soon M.Trescothcik and M.Vaughan had added 50. M.Vaughan was looking in great form reaching 30 in quick time however, poor shot selection left him bowled for 31 and England at a poor 69 for 2.
-Below M.Vaughan in fine touch, a good sign for England.
PICTU1.jpg

PICTU2.jpg

PICTU3.jpg

-A.Strauss gets run out for 5.
pict4.jpg

Now I.Bell came to the party scoring slowly but looking extremely defensive and unbreakable, after all he didn'y have to score runs because Trescothick was flying ahead.
PICTU4.jpg

-M.Vaughan gets bowled for 31.
PICTU5.jpg

-M.Trescothick smahses 4 more reaching 44* at tea.

Last edited:
HEAD.jpg

Bangladesh v England

First Day - Tea
England 178-2 (60.0 overs)
pictu11.jpg

England at lunch were 97 for 2 and it as evident that this session would be vital for eiter team. If Bangladesh took a few more wickets they are in with a chance, or if England get a partnership and score some runs they are almost certainly in the driving seat. Well it has turned out that England are in the driving seat with them not losing a wicket and having 2 batsmen in fine form. M.Trescothic has reached a century in good time and at the other end has been well supported by I.Bell with 30. For Bangladesh there has been some LBW shouts but no scares, however some thing to think about is the fact thay Trescothic was Dropped 102 and Bowled of a No ball for 37.
pitcu9.jpg

-M.Trescothic clips the ball away for a century.
pictu10.jpg

-Above & Below - I.Bell suvives 2 LBW shouts which both were not out.
pictu8.jpg

HEAD.jpg

Bangladesh v England

First Day - Stumps:
England 283 -4 (90.0 overs)
picture7.jpg

England resumed after Tea in a very strong position with I.Bell and M.Trescothick at the crease and settled. However a strong fight back from Bangladesh has pegged them back and left them still in the game. I.Bell was the first wicket to fall of the session when he was poised at 46, them K.Pieterson caem to the crease and knocked up a quick 37 before he tow through away his wicket. This then showed that so many England bastmen had got themselves in yet not progressed into big enough scores. However on the positive M.Trescothick was racing along and in fine form and had definetly became the backbone of the innings, he at the end of the sessions was 147 not out.
picture1.jpg

-I.Bell drives it away for 4 bringing him close to a half century.
picture2.jpg

-Another close call and M.Trescothick got away with it which was a good decision.
picture3.jpg

-I.Bell again drives through the offside.

Bangladesh though were again to costly with runs bowling far two many half volleys. However it must be so annoying since they have yet to dismiss Trescothick who they have already got out twice dispite the catches not being held and bowling no balls. However if that batsmen is solid they have not given up at the other end with them dismissing every other batsmen after they have just got a start.
picture4.jpg

-M.Trescothick continues in his big hundred innings.
-Below- K.Pieterson looks in good form racing along at just under a - run - ball.
picture5.jpg

picture6.jpg

HEAD.jpg

Bangladesh v England

Second Day - End of Innings
England 372 (109.1 overs)
picture11.jpg

picture12.jpg

picture13.jpg

England dismissed for a satisfactory 372 which they have openly admitted was not enough. At 283 for 4 England where aiming for 450 to 500 however good bowling from the bangladesh bowlers allowed them to dismiss them for just 372. M.Trescothick top socre with 171 before he ran himself out looking for the 3rd run after cliping the ball of his legs down to fine leg. A.Flintoff like most of the other batsmen made a start but got himsefl out but his wicket seemed to start a collasape in which the only other real bastmen went without doing much damage. G.Jones was caught behind for just 13 and then M.Hoggard. In total England eventually lost 5 wickets for 24 runs and even worse 6 wickets for 111 runs.
picture10.jpg

-Above & Below - M.Trescothick continues in pursuit of his second double hundred of his career.
-Picture8.jpg

- Trescthick reaches his 150 and now he looks un breakable.
picture9.jpg

Banglades have lots of positives from this innings with evry bowler putting in vital effort. M.Rafique and T.Baisya starred with the ball taking 7 ickets between them and they were also supported by Rahim with the vital wicket of I.Bell for 46.

Oi tjh1989 please update this story thread these series are graet cmon mate im dying to see the sri lanka vs england

Oi tjh1989 please update this story thread these series are great cmon mate im dying to see the sri lanka vs england series

Users who are viewing this thread