Story England's International Season 2002,India in England,2nd test,end of day 1

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England's bowling won them the first Test and if they can bat a little better in the second Test then there is no reason why they can't win again. Congratulations to Hussain on getting man of the match. Looking at the teams though for the second Test, I will say an Indian win.

Great presentation mate, would of liked a paragraph or two on the teams for the second Test but the effort you put into the videos is top notch. Keep this up.

timmy94

Club Captain
sol_banner.gif

India Start Strongly!

Having seen India's poor batting in the first test match,we would have thought that we were going to be in for more of the same when the teams arrived at the Lord's Cricket Ground.
However,with a hard pitch and great over head conditions,at the lunch break India reached 101-2,but with both openers gone.
Jaffer and Sehwag were seeing the ball well,always hitting the middle of the bat,and reached 50 in the 13th over.But in the 20th over with the score at 71,Jaffer tried to slog a Flintoff yorker,and only succeeded in dollying it to Hussain for 30.
With a full seam attack on a hard pitch,it will be hard work for the England bowlers.Michael Vaughan is England's only spinner,and in his first over,he tempted Sehwag into an attacking shot,and plonked the ball right into the air,and into the hands of Vaughan,the score now 85-2.

jaffer.jpg
sehwag.jpg

Both openers looked good

At lunch we have Dravid and Tendulkar at the crease,both with boundaries.
Join us soon for the rest of the day's play.
Goodbye

scorecard.jpg

Highlights
YouTube - Cricket 04,England v India,2nd test,day 1,ses 1

Last edited:

timmy94

Club Captain
sol_banner.gif

Great opening day for India!

On a hard,flat Lord's pitch,India ended day 1 of the 2nd test match 298-7,a complete turn around from previous batting performances.
Tendulkar got a few boundaries and made his way to 38 before being runout,145-3.
In the next over,Dravid edged off the bowling of Harmison for 22.But then,a nice 102 run partnership between Ganguly and Laxman.Ganguly reached 50 off 61 balls early in the evening with Laxman also going well,before an unlikely Michael Vaughan getting the breakthrough,tempting Ganguly into coming down the wicket,and subsequently stumped by Foster for 55.Agarkar was then runout for a 19 ball duck,before Laxman started to play more aggressively and got to 50 off 119 balls.But then,in the final over of the day,Laxman tried to flick a full pitched delivery down to fine leg,but only succeeded in flicking the ball onto the stumps,a very important wicket for England,but a well made 68 for VVS.Laxman.
At the end of day 1 we have P.Patel and H.Singh at the crease.I hope you can join us for day 2.Goodbye!

Cricket20042009-01-1712-55-57-96.jpg

Harmison got the ball flying past the India batsmen

c2004runout2009-01-2416-08-40-25.jpg

Laxman looks on in despair as Hoggard bowls him in the final over of the day

c2004runout2009-01-2416-11-30-68.jpg

Session 2+3 highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq487CR_Cgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rQ-CDNiDM

Last edited:

timmy94

Club Captain
have got a problem with the game...i either get an error starting it up or it crashes to desktop...
i have reinstalled many times but still no luck!:(
ill see what i can do

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
I predicted an Indian win and they aren't looking too bad at the moment. Could of done without Laxman going in the last over, but that is good for you. Vaughan got two wickets. :D

Hope you can continue this mate, and find a way to solve you problem.

Users who are viewing this thread