Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Anyways since that the Proteas have been scoring almost 7.5 runs per over, and have reached 285/0 in just 37 overs. Both Gibbs and Smith have destroyed my bowling attack, with all my bowlers conceding well over 6 runs per over. I have no idea how to stop these two. I finally decided to take a break and get back to the game when things have cooled down inside my head. I will post the details and screens after day 3 is completed.

Vaughn great thread, just wondering what patch your using to get these realistic numbers?

groobz said:
Vaughn great thread, just wondering what patch your using to get these realistic numbers?

Agree 100% - fantastic stuff.

Am also interested in the patch. You have a decent amount of bowled and LBW from the quickies - something I have desperately been searching for.

FishBowlMan said:
Agree 100% - fantastic stuff.

Am also interested in the patch. You have a decent amount of bowled and LBW from the quickies - something I have desperately been searching for.

Thanks guys. I am using Ravi's patch. I dont know which version, but I think it is the last one that he made. The patch is good, but at times the CPU batsman becomes a bit too aggressive, and starts going after virtually every ball, and in the process get dismissed.

Unfortunately in this match, Gibbs and Smith are smacking every ball, and are showing no signs of getting out.

285/0 in 37 Overs.....these are definately not realistic numbers....definately NOT when I am on the receiving end! :D

m_vaughan said:
Thanks guys. I am using Ravi's patch. I dont know which version, but I think it is the last one that he made. The patch is good, but at times the CPU batsman becomes a bit too aggressive, and starts going after virtually every ball, and in the process get dismissed.

Unfortunately in this match, Gibbs and Smith are smacking every ball, and are showing no signs of getting out.

285/0 in 37 Overs.....these are definately not realistic numbers....definately NOT when I am on the receiving end! :D

Yeah - most patches seem to have that side effect. Good luck though - I had to try some ridiculous fields to try and curb Gibbs at one point. Got Smith out stumped if that's any help :)

Will try and see what Ravi has that makes the cpu occasionally miss a fast ball!

FishBowlMan said:
Yeah - most patches seem to have that side effect. Good luck though - I had to try some ridiculous fields to try and curb Gibbs at one point. Got Smith out stumped if that's any help :)

Will try and see what Ravi has that makes the cpu occasionally miss a fast ball!

Thanks for the advice mate, but I did manage to get both of 'em out.

At Stumps on Day 3
South Africa (2nd Innings) 359-5

H. Gibbs 189(154) S. Harmison 2-63
G. Smith 111(127) M. Hoggard 2-83

England (1st Innings) 439
M. Vaughan 153*(211) M. Ntini 4-58
G. Thorpe 62(129) C. Langeveldt 3-29
M. Trescothick 55(103) S. Pollock 2-145

South Africa (1st Innings) 372 all out
H. Gibbs 141(222) M. Hoggard 3-90
M. Boucher 61(101) A. Flintoff 3-97
J. Kallis 57(91) J. Anderson 2-85

South Africa lead by 292 runs

Highlights

Attachments

• prc1.jpg
    prc1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 125
  • prc2.jpg
    prc2.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 124
  • prc3.jpg
    prc3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 118
Man of the match has to be Gibbs, a fantastic pair of scores, unlcuky not to reach a double century though! good luck to England in the chase.

So as you can see a lot of runs (about 500!!!) scored on Day 3, and most of them by the Proteas openers, Gibbs and Smith. Herschelle Gibbs is on pole position for the MOM award, with a total of 330 runs scored in the match.

South Africa definately have an upper hand at the end of the 3rd day.

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 113
South Africa declared at 523-6, England are currently 148-3, needing 457 for victory. Almost end of day 4. Will post details after the days play is completed.

sounds like it's going to be a very tough chase, or survivial match to get a draw, good luck!

I find that with Ravi's patch. Some players can be very aggressive and score at 9/10 an over while the other player will barely hit it.

barmyarmy said:
I find that with Ravi's patch. Some players can be very aggressive and score at 9/10 an over while the other player will barely hit it.

Spot on, Colin.
If you have a look at the Proteas 2nd Innings batting card in the next post, you'll see the same thing when you compare the innings of Gibbs and Boucher.

At Stumps on Day 4
England (2nd Innings) 165-4

A. Strauss 71(105) S. Pollock 2-55
M. Butcher 42(70)

South Africa (2nd Innings) 523-6 declared
H. Gibbs 189(154) S. Harmison 2-105
G. Smith 111(127) J. Anderson 2-123
M. Boucher 95*(152) M. Hoggard 2-137

England (1st Innings) 439 all out
M. Vaughan 153*(211) M. Ntini 4-58
G. Thorpe 62(129) C. Langeveldt 3-29
M. Trescothick 55(103) S. Pollock 2-145

South Africa (1st Innings) 372 all out
H. Gibbs 141(222) M. Hoggard 3-90
M. Boucher 61(101) A. Flintoff 3-97
J. Kallis 57(91) J. Anderson 2-85

England need 292 more runs to win

Highlights

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 90
Resuming on 359-5, the Proteas declared at 523-6, with Boucher just five runs short of a century. A rather harsh decision by Captain Graeme Smith there, but I am sure Boucher will understand. Boeta Dippenaar also played well scoring 58 after being caught by James Anderson of his own bowling.
England lost Trescothick early, before Strauss (71) and Butcher (42) built an important partnership. However by the end of the days play, the Proteas had picked up 4 wickets, including that of Strauss and Butcher.

So a very exciting climax to the game is expected on day 5. England will have to bat out the entire
day to force a draw, while South Africa need just 6 wickets to go one up in the series.

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread