England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Kumble has made it pretty clear in the press conference that Rahul will open the batting with Murli Vijay. I think it is a good move since they are our preferred opening pair. I also saw on Cricinfo that Gangully wants to replace Umesh with Ishant. I don't agree with that at all. I think if our fielders had supported our bowlers, Umesh probably would have ended up with a 5-fer in the first inning. Both the fast bowlers bowled very well but they were just unlucky. I don't know what kind of pitch we are going to get but Mishra is another player whose position should be in doubt. His bowling looked very ineffective and I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Hardik coming in for him.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is the biggest social problem we face today, everyone lives in their own bubble, finds other people who are also in said bubble where they all assure each other of their views and before you know it they're running and/or talking down to you the moment their insane views get challenged.

Nailed it man, nailed it. People have become so oversensitive

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Ganguly thinks bringing in Ishant in place of Umesh should be the way to go. Seriously? Poor chap Umesh. He bowled well and still finds himself in the spotlight. And Ishant of all people? Even if the team comprises of 11 bowlers, I don't think I'll consider him for selection.

It's baffling as to why he is still in the reckoning when we have so many better bowlers than him.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am also a bit surprised that there is not much mention of Kuldeep Yadav. With Mishra struggling at the test level, if we are looking for a wrist spinner, he can be a perfect fit. Also offers something completely different in terms of variety with his left arm chinaman.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I am also a bit surprised that there is not much mention of Kuldeep Yadav. With Mishra struggling at the test level, if we are looking for a wrist spinner, he can be a perfect fit. Also offers something completely different in terms of variety with his left arm chinaman.

I think the Indians gotta give Mishra one last chance. Everyone seems to be bashing him on that one wicket where spinners got smacked around. It's not really fair to Mishra because he only played one Test in this series so far.
I think Kuldeep is not a bad idea. The selectors don't seem very hungry for new players from the domestic to be in the team. I do think that the selectors are wasting players that don't really need to be in the squad, such as Jayant Yadav and Hardik Pandya. It is a bit of waste, considering the youngsters who have performed very well, such as Rishi Dhawan, and Kuldeep. If these players do not play this series, they should be certainly checked out in the upcoming home series aganist Australia and Bangladesh.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So Jayant Yadav to make debut which is interesting but I can understand the thinking behind it. England having so many left handers and also it will provide support to Ashwin who had to bowl too many overs because the other spinners being so ineffective. Kohli wins the toss which is a good start already for India.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rahul gone for a golden duck! Too lazy shot I must say. It was not really necessary...

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Now Vijay's gone too ! What's wrong with us when we are facing England ?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Now Vijay's gone too ! What's wrong with us when we are facing England ?
I said it before, I'll say it again. England are the only team which can beat us in India.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Also when it comes to England our pitch curators want neutral pitches, the pitches start helping seam bowlers not that its bad. Also we give England matches in Mohali and Mumbai which are known for bounce and carry. I remember the reverse fortune started last time when England toured during the Mumbai match. Chennai holds the last match and for sure it will be a turner but England really give their best against India especially in India. Not that they are a bad side at all. I was mighty impressed with Hameed in first test, would love to see how he plays this match.

One good thing to see here is Joe Root vs Virat Kohli, both playing in their 50th test. Obviously Root has been better not just by stats but has been a performer when England were really out and hurt. He alongside Cook have done fabulous to bring England up. On other side Kohli's initial career was overshadowed because of Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid. Not that he has not performed well at test, he needs to convert more 50's to 100's and more 100's to 150's and more.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I said it before, I'll say it again. England are the only team which can beat us in India.

Try inviting Pakistan :) Besides I think you guys jump on so early with conclusions. Check it now how the batting has bulldozed English lineup

Users who are viewing this thread