Which Captain will be most successful in Tests & ODI's

• M.Vaughan (England Capt.)

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • G.Smith (South Africa Capt.)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Update:
England are struggling with 5 down for 200 odd. Its just gone Teat on the 4th day. However the clodus have rolled in and theres chance of rain, but will it come in time.

tjh1989 said:
Update:
England are struggling with 5 down for 200 odd. Its just gone Teat on the 4th day. However the clodus have rolled in and theres chance of rain, but will it come in time.

I hope they do. Going 2-0 down will be a tough tablet to digest :(

m_vaughan said:
South Africa are in a superb position. You will now have to South Africa are in a superb position. You will now have to sit down and play out for a draw. Its strange that the CPU hasnt declared yet. (maybe after 400 lead he will)

This reminds me of the film groundhog day lol!!

On a serious note, great story mate. Keep up the good work but try ti improve if you can :onpc

England slump into anohter terrible defeat.
p1.jpg

p2.jpg

After what looked like a brilliant start turn out in the end to be completely useless. A.Strauss and M.Trescothic put on 100 together before England suffered a major collapse. A.Strauss continued his good form untill he was dismissed by edging it to slips.
p3.jpg

Top- A.Strauss reaches his 50. Below- M.Trescothic gets given LBW.
After this promising start all the other English batsmen failed to socre over 25 which was eventually there downfall. The conditions were questionable with dark clouds looming for much of the 4th day yet this was no help to England with the match ending before the rain could become a factor.
p4.jpg

Top-A.Strauss edges it to slips after reaching another 50. Below- A.Giles gets clean bowled by S.Pollock.
Skysports caught up with the capatains and players after the match:
M.Vaughan: " We have not performed again. I thought we did well in the 1st innings but let our selfs down during South Africas 2nd. I think we owe A.Strauss alot for his perforemance today but even that wasn't enough and I think we might have even stood a chance if it wasn't for H.Gibbs wonderful knock in the 2nd innings. Hopefully now we can rebuild for Cape Town and start again becuase this next test is vital."

G.Smith: " I am over the moon with this test victory. The match was neck and neck throughout, but i certainly felt paniced after Englands 1st wicket partnership but we pulled through and won with ease. I am looking forward to Cape Town and hopefully we will wrap up the series with a 3-0 lead."
Man of the Match, A.Strauss: " I certainly didn't think i would recieve this award but i am glad i did. I think my 100 in the 1st innings was one of my best but i was disappointed with my 50 in the 2nd and if i could have gone on i might have reached another 100 because i am hungry for runs."

Last edited:
tjh1989 said:
England slump into anohter terrible defeat.

Kepp working hard. I suggest you tweak some ai settings as the cpu keep posting unrealistic run rates for a test match :cool:

The_gas said:
Kepp working hard. I suggest you tweak some ai settings as the cpu keep posting unrealistic run rates for a test match :cool:

yup. i too suggest you change the ai settings to get the CPU back down to earth.

Users who are viewing this thread