Story Englands Tour Of The Sub-Continent (part 2)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Day 3 Session 3

Sangakara continued to keep Sri Lanka's hopes all by himself, looking comfortable against all types of bowler. He was paticuarly vicious to Batty. Sri Lanka added over 60 runs before the next wicket fell. The bad news was it was Sangakara, to Batty. Sangakara was looking to sweep for four, it was however to short, and with the ball spinning towards the slip cordon, he got a fine nick which was easily taken by Hussain. This sparked a mini collapse. With the new ball approaching England were using Batty and Flintoff in an attempt to keep the run rate down. The batsmen determined to score runs were attempting to play batty with various strokes, but with close in fielders it would always spell trouble. Batty shortened his length and varied his pace, with great results. The extra bounce of the hard pitch caught Kaluwitharna and Vaas out. With just one over before the new ball Flintoff had Dharmasena caught in the slips. And with the first delivery of the neww ball, Anderson had Murali caught by read. England very mucgh in control, with about 25 minutes left in the session England will be hoping for a few more quick wickets in Sri Lanka's second innings. And with two more days still to play, the ball is very much in Englands court. Sri Lanka are all out for 266 after 75 overs.

5cd4117e.jpg
35cb6be3.jpg

3741f0da.jpg
c90849f1.jpg

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Highlights from the session

Sangakara

bdb88e92.jpg
aafc9a46.jpg

Battys Wickets

05aebaac.jpg
2069e06c.jpg

74a6d011.jpg
87a61303.jpg

Flintoff & Anderson's Wickets

ba890ae5.jpg
7dc8b000.jpg

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Day 3 Session 3 (continued)

England made the early breakthrough, courtesy of Harmison. Sri Lanka now have their top performing batsmen in, in this series. England will be looking for a couple more wickets early on before the ball loses its shine. Not looking good for Sri Lanka.

6e8e310d.jpg
07af505d.jpg

9ca8a1a2.jpg
8d4ba6bd.jpg

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
i have figured paint out, i was altering the image size before thats why it wasnt so clear :) Plus i run the game with AA x8

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Nice to see the follow on enforced. Spinners did a fair bit of damage to the tail!! How did you manage to play Murali.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
tis good, very clear smooth graphics! :)
I used the charge button against murali, and lots of forward defensives. I would place the charge shots rather than smack them for six. Also used the sweep and leg glance alot.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Day 4 Session 1

Jaysuriya and Sangakara made steady inroads in the first session of play, hitting a few boundrys as England looked to play a tight field. Sri Lanka managed a steady 50 partnership before the first wicket fell. The seamers again finding bowling tough on this batsmens paradise, had to rely on a Johnson outswinging bouncer to remove the deadly Jaysuriya. Sangakara's good form looks to be continuing. He and Jayawardene are putting on a good partnership. Its going o be a long day for Sri Lanka who are looking to batt out the draw. England will no doubt turn to Batty at some point in the second session if the seamers dont produce some sort of breakthrough.

9a0615bf.jpg
8ed6cd6b.jpg

2479e672.jpg

Sangakara in action

1ac79c20.jpg
8508c572.jpg

Johnson's wicket

cbeb7d4a.jpg
64844d1b.jpg

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
i have had 83 overs in a day before. Never completed a full 90 overs though. Never completed day 5 though, but i doubt they get added on, tis a shame

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Day 4 Session 2

Sri Lanka continued to play their shots, swiftly moving onto another 50 wicket partnership. It was however somewhat obvious that this will be their downfall. After numerous overs from the seamers, batty and Johnson were brought on. Both went for a few boundrys. Sangakara reached another impressive half century, before he tried to loft Batty out of the ground on the legside, however the ball went straight up in the air, and he was gone. Jayawardene continued in similar fashion. His nice strike rate was impressive, but his attacking style cost him his wicket. Eventually hitting the ball onto his own stumps off the tight bowling of Flintoff. So at tea Sri Lanka are 188 off 60 overs. With a session left in the day and a full days play tommorow remaining, England are still hot favourites.

9e909740.jpg
e2f17502.jpg

d635d7fb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread