English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Yeah does look like it was going down the leg side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day for Somerset today. Runs for everyone essentially, which is reassuring, as we normally manage to collapse in this sort of game early season. Special mention to Lewis Gregory for getting a 50, he's got great potential with the bat in 4 day cricket.

Hopefully we can get Trego back fully fit, so we can pick Dockrell and still have 4 seamers.

Ugh. Just seen the Somerset team for today and two of the guys who scored 50s last week are going to be batting at 9 and 10. So negative. We need to at least get Dockrell in. Myburgh bowling plenty of overs is so depressing in First Class cricket.

Ugh. Just seen the Somerset team for today and two of the guys who scored 50s last week are going to be batting at 9 and 10. So negative. We need to at least get Dockrell in. Myburgh bowling plenty of overs is so depressing in First Class cricket.

Very true , Myburgh seems so ineffectual with a ball in hand. And at 119/5 , our chances of winning this match seem to be slipping away , too. I guess Nosworthy is regretting his decision to let Jos leave.

P.S: Why is Comps not batting?

I assume Compton has had his back playing up again, which happens from time to time. Buttler was always going to go, because Kieswetter is more important for us. Ideally, we'd have kept both, but it wasn't going to happen.

Myburgh has done well with the bat, but he should be the second spinner at best. Durham scored 300 which was something like the second highest first innings total up there for a few years, so that shows that you need to be more attacking with the bowling. Especially as Durham's attack is good enough to knock most of the sides in the division over for 250 or so. Having batting down to 10 is all very good, but you need to take those 20 wickets as quick as possible, especially up at Durham.

Hopefully we can knock them over in the morning and be chasing about 300 and hope that someone goes big. They've got the ability if we can get through the first 25 overs or so.

Compton actually had neck spasms and had to have an injection just to get on the pitch. Scoring a ton in those circumstances on that pitch against Durham, is damn impressive. Runs for Kieswetter too. Two guys who are both good enough for that England Test side.

Compton actually had neck spasms and had to have an injection just to get on the pitch. Scoring a ton in those circumstances on that pitch against Durham, is damn impressive. Runs for Kieswetter too. Two guys who are both good enough for that England Test side.

Not sure about Kieswetter, although he deserves another chance, definitely for t20's, after improving greatly, however Compton should be called up. Selfishly I would like both to play county cricket (especially Kieswetter) because of a lack of quality depth. Would still be happy for them if they were called up though.

2 draws from 2 isn't the best start, but a solid recovery yesterday and a decent start overall. Hopefully they can finish top 3 in the CC and win a one day competition at least. I'm sick of being the bridesmaids.

I agree two draws isn't a brilliant start, but considering we normally manage to collapse in at least one of the early games, it's probably one of our better starts over the last few years. Plus we have already got Durham away out of the way, which is probably the toughest game of the season. I think if we can get the likes of Kirby and Thomas back fit to lead the bowling attack as the reliable options, we can give anyone a game.

Yeah, just need it not to rain. Lewis Gregory has started the season on fire too. Runs and now Wickets. He's an exciting prospect for sure. This is one of the things I love about Somerset, we're willing to give younger guys a chance rather than signing more proven players instead.

Heard Tres was keeping wicket today too. Even managed to take a catch. You know times are desperate when he has to keep. :D I think Barrow made it up there to take over by the end of the day though.

Gary Ballance has surely got to be in the England team against Sri Lanka after his impressive displays with the bat so far this season. Nice to see Joe Root back as well.

Well done! We have an innings win , hopefully this will kick start our season.Hildreth just looks a tad outta form. I hope he gets a "daddy" hundred next match.

Users who are viewing this thread