English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
They seem to mike up the umpires on the TV county games: which is a really good idea and improves the quality of coverage more than all of the flashy things that they try on international TV. Just makes it 100% clear why the Umpires are doing a certain thing: might help avoid misinterpretation of some decisions.

Seems like a weird start to the season for Somerset. I mean, we haven't massively collapsed which is nice, but a couple of games have been nailed on draws from almost the second day. Yet, we're only 6 points or so off the top, so it's all got to be seen as a positive really. Especially when you consider that we've played most of the stronger teams once already. Just need to get Dockrell back in the side when he returns from Ireland, to actually give us a chance of bowling someone out on the last day.

Luke Wright got a big score for Sussex, could he ever be in contention for the test side? :rolleyes

I hope not. Luke Wright is not, never has been, and never will be an international standard cricketer, and that is especially true at Test level.

Big endorsement by Bell or Plunkett here:

Yorkshire v Warks, Division 1, Headingley, 2nd day Report : Liam Plunkett impresses with bat and ball | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Plunkett reminded me of Ashes - Bell

England batsman Ian Bell added his endorsement to Liam Plunkett's credentials for an England recall ahead of the squad announcements for the one-day series against Sri Lanka. Bell came through a testing Plunkett spell on his way to an unbeaten half-century and likened the experience to being back in Australia, where Mitchell Johnson's pace and hostility was a key factor in England's undoing.
"We had heard around the circuit that Liam has been bowling at good pace so we knew what to expect," Bell said. "It was hard, so different from normal county cricket. With a short leg and a man round the corner, it was like being back in Australia. With someone bowling at good pace like that, it was a real challenge.
"He is a really talented cricketer as he showed with the bat as well, he can play destructive cricket that can change a game. Coming to Yorkshire has been a good move for him, maybe something he wishes he had done five years ago. But he is still young enough to have a good England career if he is lucky enough to get picked."
Plunkett agreed that the move to Headingley after falling out of favour at Durham has revived his career. "I enjoyed Durham but the last couple of years I didn't know what my game plan was, although that was my fault as much as anyone's. It is like with any job - when you move it can refresh you. I did what my dad said to me, which was to treat it like I'd joined a club to play professional cricket for the very first time. Yorkshire backed me and believed in me as a cricketer."

I've been following the progress (or lack of) of Kyle Jarvis at Lancashire. He seems to be struggling at the moment, I was certain he would become a force to be reckoned with in county cricket but it hasn't quite gone for him so far. Hope his decision to quit Zimbabwe doesn't come back to haunt him.

bTkGVdB.png

:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread