English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
That's a hattrick from Smith, and 4 in the over :O

West Indies are really missing this guy in their ODi and T20 sides. He's such a good striker of the ball, brilliant in the field and more than handy with the ball. They really should try and get him back into International cricket!

This is why England Domestic Cricket is rubbish. 4 wickets an over for Smith! Insane!

FC bowling average of 32 tbf. He's really not that bad with the ball. One spell hardly proves anything either. If it does, then Michael Clarke's 6/9 proves how bad the Indian side are at playing spin. Heck of a batsman and fielder in the shorter forms as well. Massive Dwayne Smith fan having watched a fair bit of him since he joined Sussex. Sort of player England would love to have in T20 and ODi cricket.

Good bowling actually. He's improved and has been vital for our short-form success this year. Bit of a better show at Lord's and we could have easily clean swept all the shorter formats this season.

It's something that's happened a couple of times recently, teams crumbling during a run chase.

FC bowling average of 32 tbf. He's really not that bad with the ball. One spell hardly proves anything either. If it does, then Michael Clarke's 6/9 proves how bad the Indian side are at playing spin. Heck of a batsman and fielder in the shorter forms as well. Massive Dwayne Smith fan having watched a fair bit of him since he joined Sussex. Sort of player England would love to have in T20 and ODi cricket.

India are overrated against spin, tbf.

Essex vs Somerset this could be a really good game, quite balanced I thinks.

Interesting to see how Cook will go as I rate this attack as slightly better than the two previous ones where he scored centuries.

Napes is a class above the rest of this 'pace' attack. Westfield's not quick enough, or accurate enough to be threatening on this track and the other pacer, Wright is very meh. Napier is bowling at very good pace, averaging around 87mph and his maiden was an excellent over on this track.

How lucky is Marcus Trescothick? Chopra dropped one smacked straight at him first over, and then Fos dropped a sitter which was a surprise.

Oooh, bowling Napes. Tresco gone, got 42 more than he deserved though, wasn't a great innings. Kieswetter on the other hand looks quality, very McCullum-esque.

Terrific game down at hove yesterday, watching smith get 6 wickets was brilliant and made me proud of supporting sussex.

Lets just hope essex beat somerset tonight :)

Trescothick is the best batsmen in the World for one reason: You never want to see him get out. He didn't strike the ball that well today but he is such a great entertainer, the best in the game if you ask me.

Sehwag's better for me. Basically a mirror image of Tresco, but more consistent at the highest level.

Napier is quality. First ball of a spell, 86mph inswinging yorker, that is why I want him in England's T20 and possibly ODI sides. Handy with the bat, decent in the field and superb with the ball. Good pace, swing, good yorker, good bouncer, good slower ball and good accuracy. Amazed he wasn't used by England in the T20WC.

Has to be said, Essex's fielding tonight has been woeful. Could have bowled them out for 150 if they fielded properly.

Brilliant last two overs from Napier. Every ball in the block-hole. This guy has to be in the ODI squads in the future. Bowls at the death and can hit the ball out of the ground.

If Essex do it I wonder who'll get MoM, Maunders or Phillips?

Users who are viewing this thread