English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
We've thrown this away. Should've wrapped it up by now, and that drop catch by de Bruyn will cost us the title. Turner is the worst bowler I've ever seen at Domestic level. Absolutely shite, no idea why we play him.

This is going to be another Turner related rant, but why the hell is he playing in today's County Championship game? He averages over 50 in 9 FC matches and despite having an average of 28.10 in one day games he is just shocking. I would rather see us go with an extra batsman we don't need than have him in our bowling attack (Watch him bag a 10fer or something now!).

Good to see Northeast hit a decent total. Shame he couldn't turn 84 into 100 but he looks like a fine young talent who maybe be an England contender in the near future.

I can so see Northeast getting hyped up. I don't know much about him except he tore teams apart from around the age of 13. Doing that sort of thing is pretty meaningless really but it always gets a player extra hype.

Sussex have the title more or less won. They're on a roll at the minute and have an excellent team. Somerset have a good side but are under pressure to win all their games now and Worcs are a very poor side without Jones and Ali.

I can so see Northeast getting hyped up. I don't know much about him except he tore teams apart from around the age of 13. Doing that sort of thing is pretty meaningless really but it always gets a player extra hype.

He deserves to get hyped up as well. Looks an excellent young cricketer. Was a class above the rest of the batting line-up in the England under-19's games against Bangladesh and is a real one for the future. They seem to rate him very highly at Kent, so it's going to be interesting to see how far he goes. I'm backing him to play International cricket at some point. Loving our depth of young batting stocks :D Just need to find some fast bowlers now.

He deserves to get hyped up as well. Looks an excellent young cricketer. Was a class above the rest of the batting line-up in the England under-19's games against Bangladesh and is a real one for the future. They seem to rate him very highly at Kent, so it's going to be interesting to see how far he goes. I'm backing him to play International cricket at some point. Loving our depth of young batting stocks :D Just need to find some fast bowlers now.

A class above the Bangladesh team, wow this kid sounds amazing :D

Bangladesh are fairly good at U19 level, actually. Northeast should be a cracking player, just needs to keep progressing at County level.

Haha yeah I know. I was just waiting for KP to go on one of his stats rants :D

CBA with a stats rant. But Bangladesh are a good under-19 side, especially on the pitch those games were played on. Bangladesh played 1 seam bowler and packed the rest of the side with spinners. So Northeast, who's been opening for most of his career, was facing spin from the start, and did incredibly well. He scored at a decent rate, put away the bad balls and looked an all-round class player. Better than that Kane Williamson fella tbh. He's rubbish.

Yea Williamson was only able to score runs against a really poor team, can't remember the country's name though.

Williamson's a Kiwi. That makes him an automatic fail. Northeast is English, which makes him instant win. He'd be more of a win if he spoke Afrikaans, but he's still better than Williamson. ;)

Ravi Bopara and Ian Bell would prove that being Eglish isn't a instant win. On the other hand Jesse Ryder and Ross Taylor show being a kiwi is a instant win (Compared to the English anyway). :D

Ravi Bopara is actually proof that being English is instant win. Remind me how many Test hundreds Ryder's got again? Oh yeh, less than Ravi :p Also, remind me how many List A double hundreds Ryder, Taylor and Williamson have added together?

Your honour. I rest my case.

Ravi-Bopara-First-Test-Century-Signal-280209.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread