English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Hopefully he get's selected for the test squad when Pakistan visit. Would it be safe to assume he's been the best all-rounder this year in domestic cricket?

One of the best all-rounders for sure. It says on cricinfo hes retired hurt I am probably getting ahead of myself here but it could be possible he is just retired out and has been called up to NZ in place of Oram? He didn't add any runs to his over night score and he did retire out during a Wellington game last season when he was called up for the tests against India. Fingers crossed

Edit: Well my theory was right http://www.cricinfo.com/iccct2009/content/current/story/426566.html :D

Last edited:
One of the best all-rounders for sure. It says on cricinfo hes retired hurt I am probably getting ahead of myself here but it could be possible he is just retired out and has been called up to NZ in place of Oram? He didn't add any runs to his over night score and he did retire out during a Wellington game last season when he was called up for the tests against India. Fingers crossed

Edit: Well my theory was right Franklin called up to replace Oram | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy, 2009 | Cricinfo.com :D
Yeah, good call mate, but how come his wickets remain intact and his runs don't? According to Cricinfo, he didn't score, yet it still says in the match notes about his 50/100.

Edit: Well my theory was right Franklin called up to replace Oram | Cricket News | ICC Champions Trophy, 2009 | Cricinfo.com :D

Sweet. He should be good to go for Sunday's game then.

The WI players strike is the best thing that happened to Durham. Shiv Chanderpaul is having a great year for Durham.

Franklin has resigned with Gloucestershire for 2010. Good move for both parties.

Monty signs 3 year deal at Sussex

Not sure I'd have signed him. Certainly no Mushtaq Ahmed!!!!

He must be the first Bangladesh player to play county cricket wouldn't he?

Good signing for us. From his interview he sounds passionate about the club, which is more that you can say about some of our home grown players.

Users who are viewing this thread