English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Chris Tremlett has moved to Surrey. Interesting move.

Good luck to him, had load's of potential but yet to fulfill it in my opinion, I know he has struggled with injury and a lack of form, and with Hampshire signing Simon Jones and Kabir Ali, there doesn't appear to be the room for him anymore. I hope the change of county will be good for him and possibly England in the future

Good luck to him, had load's of potential but yet to fulfill it in my opinion, I know he has struggled with injury and a lack of form, and with Hampshire signing Simon Jones and Kabir Ali, there doesn't appear to be the room for him anymore. I hope the change of county will be good for him and possibly England in the future

Indeed. Altough Surrey are in jokey Division 2, all we need from Tremlett is for him to get back somewhere close to form of the test he played vs India 2007 & he should make the Ashes squad for me.

Another bowler i'd be watching is Boyd Rankin. Hopefully he chooses to play for England.

Very very late, but Steve Croft's catch in the 2020 against Yorkshire, to get Vaughan out = :happy

The pride of Blackpool, and they don't even know it.

Glamorgan CCC and Jamie Dalrymple

Great to see that JD has set targets for the coming season of Glamorgan winning silverware as opposed to saying that it was an okay season and the youngsters are progressing. With a great new stadium and more international cricket coming to Cardiff, now is the time for Glammy to push itself to the fore of english cricket! (p.s. come on Creigiau)

Chris Tremlett has moved to Surrey. Interesting move.

That is an interesting move. We've long needed someone to replace Bickers, and maybe Tremmers can do that.

England also needs someone who offers something different from Anderson, Broad and Onions. With Sidebottom on the way out, there's an opportunity.

He has more pace than Finn, but will playing in Div 2 count against him? It did for Ramprakash.

Not sure I like Hamilton-Brown back at the club, let alone as captain. There's a lot to be proved this season

He's a decent player, very talented. Quite frankly though he isn't good enough for First Class cricket, quite how he is a county captain is touching absurdity.

Dawid Malan batting like a real trooper! 9 runs in 81 Minutes! That's nearly a run every 10 minutes! But it is interesting to see the difference, Durham made 459 dec. and when they were 4 down they were 330 up. The MCC have only managed 54. Pretty poor showing from the MCC this time round.

Are there any video clips of the pink ball at night? MCC living up to their reputation on ICC09 :laugh

so the big day is upon us tomorrow! The day everyone looks forward to, the start of the English Domestic Cricket. Meaks plays for Surrey and the team looks like;

RHB
Matthew Spriegel
Mark Ramprakash
Usman Afzaal
Steven Davies (Wicket Keeper)
Gareth Batty
Stuart Meaker
Jade Dernbach
Andre Nel
Tim Linley
Chris Schofield.

Expecting, Davies to open up with Afzaal, but that tail looks pretty long, the batsmen are really going to have to make the hard yards. Interesting choice of two spinners, maybe one of the only clubs to do that? Clearly will be some movement from the pitch maybe a nice covering of grass. Hopefully Surrey can really push this year, they look a good outfit.

Surrey can't really do much worse than last season can they? Finishes of 16th in the Championship, 18th in P40 and knocked out in R1 of both T20 and FPT.

Ollie, you seriously expecting to have Batty at 6? :eek:

Our 13-man squad for the trip to Cardiff:

RG Aga (28)
JE Anyon (30)
CD Collymore (32)
JS Gatting (25)
MW Goodwin (3)
AJ Hodd (19) (wkt)
EC Joyce (24)
RSC Martin-Jenkins (12)
CD Nash (23)
MS Panesar (7)
MA Thornely (14)
LJ Wright (10)
MH Yardy (20) (c)

Expecting Thornely and Aga to not make the cut.

Oh no, I just copied and pasted it from the Surrey website, and that is the order they had it down on. I know that's not actually going to be the batting order! That would be silly, but it's still gonna be a long tail. I'd say it would look something like;

Davies
Afzaal
RHB
Ramps
Spriegel
Schofield
Batty
Meaker
Dernbach
Linley
Nel

So not 6, but 7 :p. That just looks a long tail, I know Meaks can hold his own and should be able to score some valuable runs, it is only Derbyshire. When Mike Brown comes back into that side it should look more solid. Never really got Spriegel as, not his biggest fan I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread