English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
But why is the money only now coming? Murali Kartik's been their Overseas player recently, and he's no Sachin Tendulkar. Why can they now suddenly afford the wages of big name players like Adam Gilchrist and Sachin Tendulkar? If the rest of the sides in the P20 can sign similarly talented players, then it's going to be a competition worth watching. Be interesting to see who the other counties sign.

Probably you'll see Test counties signing big name players for T20, but doubt you'll see it across the board.

I wonder what the situation is with Middlesex with regards to Lord's. i.e. how much they pay for the upkeep etc.

Anyways, just as I was getting pleased with Somerset's off season moves with signing Compton and Kartik, and shipping off Banks while keeping Munday, they get rid of Durston too. Bit surprised by that as he's useful in the middle order in one day games and as an extra bowling option.

Rumours we want to sign Cameron White for whatever the 20 over thing is called at the moment, hopefully that happens.

I wonder what the situation is with Middlesex with regards to Lord's. i.e. how much they pay for the upkeep etc.

Anyways, just as I was getting pleased with Somerset's off season moves with signing Compton and Kartik, and shipping off Banks while keeping Munday, they get rid of Durston too. Bit surprised by that as he's useful in the middle order in one day games and as an extra bowling option.

Rumours we want to sign Cameron White for whatever the 20 over thing is called at the moment, hopefully that happens.
Middlesex don't pay rent for using Lord's. MCC takes the Ad/ticket revenue though. Middlesex used to get part of it, but I don't think they do anymore as most county games there make a loss.

20 over competition is called the Friends Provident T20 btw.

I suspect Middlesex might do quite well next season.

I suspect Middlesex might do quite well next season.
I doubt it, they've got almost as many problems as Surrey!

Few rule changes for the county championship next year:

16 points will now be awarded for a win and 3 for a draw. (previously 14 and 4).
Bonus Points stay the same but you only get 110 overs to score them in. (Reduced by 10 overs).
Use of the heavy roller after commencement of the match will not be allowed.

I doubt it, they've got almost as many problems as Surrey!

Few rule changes for the county championship next year:

16 points will now be awarded for a win and 3 for a draw. (previously 14 and 4).
Bonus Points stay the same but you only get 110 overs to score them in. (Reduced by 10 overs).
Use of the heavy roller after commencement of the match will not be allowed.

But they've got.

iain-o-brien_1860810.jpg

The traditional season opener, MCC vs Champion County will not take place at Lord's this year, but will be played using the pink ball under lights at Abu Dhabi instead.

There goes my traditional start to the season; looking around the Lord's shop with the 100 or so other spectators while it chucks it down outside!

The traditional season opener, MCC vs Champion County will not take place at Lord's this year, but will be played using the pink ball under lights at Abu Dhabi instead.

There goes my traditional start to the season; looking around the Lord's shop with the 100 or so other spectators while it chucks it down outside!

I'm surprised more haven't commented on this as I think it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to us English supporters as this has always been a season opener at Lords. It just won't be the same!

Somerset have signed Cameron White and Kieron Pollard for our Twenty20 squad. That's going to be carnage on the small ground at Taunton. :D

Ashwell Prince, Sangakarra and Daren Powell!! Bring it on.

Users who are viewing this thread