English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Notts won more games, in the end, I think they are well worthy of being champions. Great finish.

Great season, too bad I did not get to see a single ball :(

Need live streaming of the county games, its really not that hard. Sheffield shield has it

I can't wait to see Adams back in action over the NZ summer, as Auckland's overseas player.
Two seasons ago he took 29 wickets @ 8 for Auckland, now he dominates the CC.
If he hadn't gone to England he would probably be our leading test match bowler now.

I can't believe Worcestershire are promoted though, mainly because in ICC they are just so atrocious.

Pretty much sums up my day too.

Feels horrible to come so close and yet have nothing to show for it, just like the T20 really. I'm glad that both us and Notts did it the proper way though, in that there was no negotiating to set up a result in either game and both were played the way they should have been.

I can't help but feel that our early season was to blame in the end for finishing runners up though. Hopefully next year we can hit the ground running, I feel like Somerset are on the verge of something special here, with good young players like Buttler around and good signings (hopefully) to replace the dead wood in the squad that we've been releasing recently.

Also, how good is James Hildreth? I'm sure he still won't get picked for England, mainly because of who and where he plays, but he'd be ideal at number 6 in that England team.

Also, how good is James Hildreth? I'm sure he still won't get picked for England, mainly because of who and where he plays, but he'd be ideal at number 6 in that England team.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the England Lions tour thats going to Australia concurrently with England.

So glad Notts won the CC in the end. Andre Adams was on fire this season, and hopefully winning the title will convince Siddy to stay with us.

& I agree, Hildreth needs an England look in. Too many people are talking about Alex Hales, and having seen him in person I can tell you he's nothing on Hildreth. But it's so hard for people to get into the England side at the minute :/

I've not seen a more stylish and under-pressure innings as this ever.

100, bloody awesome Bell.

Last edited:
What a time to get out by Bell.

Excellent from him and Tahir, Somerset pipped at the last again

I think Ian Bell has finally reached a serious level of maturity, I think I'm right in saying that in his first knock back after his foot injury he hit a half - century. Possibly even a century and here in a pressure situation he has played a blinder of an innings. Turned it on at exactly the right stage of the innings.

Like the 7 decisions that caused your collapse? :p

Trescothick should never have bowled Turner in that over. He's never impressed me, always expensive and more scatter gun than the US in 'Nam.

I feel a bit sorry for Somerset. They keep losing it in the end.

Somerset would have probably won it if it wasn't for that stupid run out that triggered the collapse:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread