English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Well somerset have signed the duo of Kirby and Gemaal hussian from Glocs. TBH except for the duo of thomas and kartik, no one really has impressed me in the bowling dept. So kirby signing justifies that part . But is this gemaal hussain really that good to earn a stint at taunton ??

Gemaal was one of the top wicket takers last season iirc

Yeah he was. Only division two stuff but 67 wickets at an average of 22 is still very tasty.

Yeah he was. Only division two stuff but 67 wickets at an average of 22 is still very tasty.

Well that means 3 quality bowlers in thomas,kirby and hussain lead the attack. Have the duo of ben phillips and willoughby retired ?? I would rather prefer max waller playing than these old retards

Willoughby's been our best FC bowler since we signed him really, so quite how he qualifies as an 'old ******' is shocking to be honest. I imagine it'll be Thomas, Kartik, Willoughby and one of the other 3 in the FC team next year, if everybody is fit.

But kartik needs to be signed as an overseas player yet again right ?? And why did the sabres sign cameron white last year for no reason ?? :facepalm

Ben Phillips is one of my favourite cricketers from his Northants days, and while I can see that Thomas has good stats, I think he's overrated.

Kartik has been signed to bowl spin. That's a bit different from Willoughby bowling pace. I will agree that we lack a spinner without Kartik, but we have two quality pace bowlers in Thomas and Willoughby. Maybe more now with Hussain, Kirby and Phillips to fight for the other spots.

White was signed as another option in the T20, but Pollard did well and White had Visa issues, so we didn't need him anyway. I think we planned to play him in a few group games and then be available when Pollard wasn't (Quarter-final?) why's that an issue though?

Cricket: Guptill signs with Derbyshire - Sport - NZ Herald News

Huzzah, he's actually going over to play in the County Championship as well and not just the 20/20 competition. It should do Guptill the world of good, considering he'd only been averaging low 20's with the single 100 for Auckland in first class cricket he's had a pretty decent start to his test career, hopefully this stint pushes his game to another level.

I also read that both Vettori and Williamson might be linking up with a county this season, while Taylor, Styris, McCullum and Southee are expected to play some part during the 20/20 competition.

Cricket: Guptill signs with Derbyshire - Sport - NZ Herald News

Huzzah, he's actually going over to play in the County Championship as well and not just the 20/20 competition. It should do Guptill the world of good, considering he'd only been averaging low 20's with the single 100 for Auckland in first class cricket he's had a pretty decent start to his test career, hopefully this stint pushes his game to another level.

I also read that both Vettori and Williamson might be linking up with a county this season, while Taylor, Styris, McCullum and Southee are expected to play some part during the 20/20 competition.

Derbyshire will be in division 2 next season though & given the standard of bowling in that division, even though it 4-day cricket he will be playing. He may not be tested as much as you may hope my friend.

That may be but it's still first class cricket and it's a lot better then sitting at home in New Zealand during the winter. As I said earlier Martin Guptill's only ever scored one 100 for Auckland in first class cricket, even if the standard isn't that high hopefully scoring a few big 100's helps improve his game at the next level because he has no idea at the moment on how to build an innings.

That may be but it's still first class cricket and it's a lot better then sitting at home in New Zealand during the winter. As I said earlier Martin Guptill's only ever scored one 100 for Auckland in first class cricket, even if the standard isn't that high hopefully scoring a few big 100's helps improve his game at the next level because he has no idea at the moment on how to build an innings.

Ye i see what your saying. Just that even if he where to indeed accomplish that task & learn to construct long innings again. Given the standard of bowling in DIV 2, his technique etc will be sort of tested the wrong way in preparation for a test match return. Which could in the end create another problem for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread