English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Here is live text commentary from BBC: BBC Sport - Cricket - Live - County Championship

There are also audio links to the two County matches.

ZexyZahid added 8 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Cricinfo isn't updating the Durham vs Somerset anymore. I can tell you that Trescothick and Kieswetter are batting. 8-0 after 2 overs. The field is spread.

Nottinghamshire lost their 8th wicket and haven't reached 400 runs yet.

Voges is out. No!

Need 14 runs here and quickly. I'd rather have two or three overs less than not having a hope in hell.

Somerset haven't started off too quickly.

Kieswetter is out. Somerset is not really playing like they can win a Championship.

Nottinghamshire need 10 runs for the 400 runs and they've one wicket left.

What a terrible hack. :facepalm

Just nudge it around you tit. At least give ourselves a chance.

I don't think Somerset will reach the target. Especially since Trescothick is out now.

Nottinghamshire reaches the 400 runs. The batsmen were running towards the dressing room after they reached that total. :laugh

No way, Somerset is going to win it. 144 runs needed in 10 overs.

YES!

Its more than possible that we could take three wickets here. Especially with Sidebottom, Pattinson and Adams.

Nottinghamshire need 3 wickets in 16 overs.

From BBC commentary I can understand that Nottinghamshire needs one point to draw with Somerset. The title will go then to Nottinghamshire, because they've won more games. A Somerset win and the title is theirs.

Actually that's written in the BBC Text commentary:

1619: Darren Pattinson finds the gap and takes the single that takes Notts to a fifth batting point. Now it's the bowlers' turn. They need three wickets in 16 overs to win their side the title. Somerset are 39-3 and have given up their run chase with nine overs left at Chester-le-Street.

They have 16 overs as of now. The final hour was called and a mandatory 16 have to be bowled from there on in.

GONE!

Themer added 4 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

AND ANOTHER! BRILLIANT BALL!

:banana2

Two quick wickets for Nottinghamshire.

And another one.

Nottinghamshire are the champions!

Three wickets in 5 overs. That's pretty quick.

It's Somerset's own fault that they lost the title. They even gave the chase up by drawing the match with Durham.

Users who are viewing this thread