English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

angryangy

ICC Chairman
So yeah, 8 day games. Pitches can be a bit spongy early in the day, especially when the weather isn't the warmest.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good to see that Somerset are set to pick Waller to play tomorrow. He's been taking wickets for the Second XI and we desperately need a front-line spinner, so here's hoping he goes well. His batting seems to have kicked on too, so he should be able to contribute on all fronts.

----------

Also interesting to see how Gregory and Barrow go with the bat. We need those two to step up with Kieswetter and Hildreth missing.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah not to sure what to make of the out innings or where it even came from!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Glad to see Morgan back on the runs after a dreadful IPL campaign . And its safe to say Bopara is officially out of contention for the 6th spot after yet another failure .

Sureshot

Executive member
Yeah, it's official because the ECB have already stated that he's not going to play in the first Test :rolleyes

One hell of an innings from Napier. Batty took quite a battering. Disappointed that we folded against Somerset, I had some hopes for us after bowling them out for 200 odd.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Haha my son that. ATS it would be utter madness if he isn't a fixture in the ODI/T20 teams as i always say.

----------

Yeah, it's official because the ECB have already stated that he's not going to play in the first Test :rolleyes

One hell of an innings from Napier. Batty took quite a battering. Disappointed that we folded against Somerset, I had some hopes for us after bowling them out for 200 odd.

Well surely he cant. Given that the incumbent (Morgan) scored a century. Morgan was always the front runner to take over from Colly - Bopara, Hildreth, Taylor all were always fighting to take over from him.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Haha my son that. ATS it would be utter madness if he isn't a fixture in the ODI/T20 teams as i always say.

I quite wouldn't agree with the ODIs , but definitely deserves a t20 place .

----------

And a nice 58 off 56 from KP though I expected a little more from him .

Sureshot

Executive member

----------

Well surely he cant. Given that the incumbent (Morgan) scored a century. Morgan was always the front runner to take over from Colly - Bopara, Hildreth, Taylor all were always fighting to take over from him.

Oh I expect Morgan to get the place too, but my sarcasm was aimed at the use of the "official".

Bell playing a good knock for Warks yesterday too.

----

Though CricInfo make a good point, he preferred to play in IPL to getting his Test place and has played 2 FC innings in 9 months!

Albeit a very good innings, apparently shaky at the start.

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
So we know our number 6 on Thursday. Good innings from Morgan but what about Samit Patel he played a blinder of an innings against a full strength Sri Lankan side so I think he should get a chance against them in the ODI/T20's.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I quite wouldn't agree with the ODIs , but definitely deserves a t20 place .

Fair enough my friend. But to be frank their really is no better ODI quick bowler in the country other than Napier outside of Broad (although i see the selectors pushing Dernbach of late, which im skeptical about until i see him @ international level maybe).

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
Surrey playing Hampshire at Whitgift and are doing well. Simon Jones has been forced out of the attack after 7.2 overs for two height no-balls (beamers).

Users who are viewing this thread